6 ft9 in
Selected 33rd overall by the Los Angeles Clippers in the 2016 NBA Draft…Acquired by New Orleans in exchange for the draft rights to David Michineau and Diamond Stone.
Holds averages of 5.5 points, 4.6 rebounds, and 0.5 blocks in 12.6 minutes per game in 113 appearances (one start)…Scored in double-figures 26 times and rebounded in double-figures 20 times, resulting in 16 career double-doubles
2018-19 HIGHLIGHTS WITH NEW ORLEANS:
• Averaged 6.0 points and 5.2 rebounds in 64 games (one start)
• Tallied 16 games of 10 or more points and 13 double-digit rebounding performances, resulting in 10 double-doubles
• Dished out a career-high five assists vs. GSW (4/9)
• Notched 16 points and 12 rebounds vs. TOR (3/8) converting on eight of his career-high-tying 15 field goal attempts
• Tied a season high with 18 points on a perfect eight-of-eight from the field to go along with 10 rebounds and two blocks, his fourth double-double of the season and second in as many games vs. LAL (2/23)
• Between 2/23-27, connected on 14 consecutive field goals, tying the franchise record set by David West (1/26-28/08)
• Scored 16 points and set a career high with 18 rebounds (14 defensive), while going a career-best 6-of-7 from the foul stripe in a season high 26 minutes at IND (2/22)
• Scored a season-high 18 points on 7-of-9 from the field and 4-of-5 from the line to go along with nine rebounds at CHI (2/6)
• Notched 12 points and a season-high 14 rebounds (10 defensive) vs. IND (2/4)
• Tallied 13 points, eight rebounds, and a career-high three assists at SAS (2/2)
• Scored 16 points on 7-of-12 from the floor to go along with four rebounds in 23 minutes at OKC (1/24)
• Grabbed nine rebounds in 15 minutes vs. MIN (12/31)
• Recorded his first double-double of the season, tying season highs with 10 points and 10 boards while tying a career best with three steals vs. DAL (12/5)
2017-18 HIGHLIGHTS WITH NEW ORLEANS:
• Averaged 4.9 points and 4.1 rebounds in 52 games off the bench • Had six games of 10 or more points • Tallied his third double-double of the season with 10 points and 14 boards vs. DAL (3/20) • Notched a season high with 17 points on 7-of-9 shooting to go along with six rebounds vs. BOS (3/18) • Scored 13 points on 6-of-9 shooting and grabbed 15 rebounds at DAL (3/4) • Notched his first double-double of the season with 10 points and 10 boards at MIN (2/3) • Scored nine points in four minutes on 2-of-3 from the field and a career-high 5-of-5 from the foul line at MIN (1/6) • Tied a season high with nine points on 4-of-5 from the field at DEN (11/17) • Scored nine points on 4-of-5 from the field and grabbed six rebounds vs. LAC (11/11)
2016-17 HIGHLIGHTS WITH NEW ORLEANS:
• Averaged 5.1 points, 4.3 rebounds, and 0.4 blocks in 11.7 minutes per game in 17 appearances off the Pelicans’ bench • Scored in double-figures four times and rebounded in double-figures three times (all double-doubles) • Scored 12 points to go along with a career-high 16 rebounds in 29 minutes of action at POR (4/12) • Notched the second double-double of his career, grabbing 11 boards and tying a career high with 19 points on 9-10 field goals at LAL (4/11) • Tallied seven points and nine boards in 26 minutes of action at GSW (4/8) • Recorded six rebounds, one assist, one steal, and one block vs. BKN (1/20) • Scored 10 points and grabbed seven boards at HOU (12/16)…Recorded first career double-double, posting 19 points and 10 rebounds (both career-highs) at LAC (12/10), becoming the fourth player in franchise history age 20 or younger to record at least 19 points and 10 rebounds in a game • Grabbed one rebound and one block in his NBA debut at SAS (10/29)
Appeared in 26 games (21 starts) on seven assignments with the Austin Spurs, Long Island Nets, and the Greensboro Swarm of the NBA D-League, averaging 15.0 points, 8.5 rebounds and 2.4 blocks in 27.8 mpg while shooting .502 from the field.
Appeared in seven of the Pelicans’ nine postseason contests in 2018, averaging 1.4 points and 1.3 rebounds in 6.9 minutes per game off the bench.
COLLEGE (Kansas 2015-2016)
• Averaged 3.0 points, 2.5 rebounds, and 0.9 blocks in 7.5 minutes per game over 27 appearances • On a 36 minutes per game basis, those numbers equate to 14.4 points, 12.0 rebounds, and 4.3 blocks • In his NCAA debut, vs. Loyola (MD), scored a season-high 13 points while also tallying six boards and three blocks in 16 minutes • Two games later, had his only other double-figure scoring output of the season with 12 points (4-7 field goals) vs. Holy Cross in 18 minutes • Established season highs in minutes (21), rebounds (9), and blocks (5) vs. TCU, also contributing nine points on 4-of-7 shooting • Registered nine points once again, vs. Austin Peay in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament, in what would be his final appearance of the season • Shot 4-of-5 from the field and recorded four boards and a block in only seven minutes of play.
High School History
• Averaged 17.6 points, 10.5 rebounds and 2.5 blocks during his senior campaign at Our Savior New American High School • The No. 7 prospect in the nation on the ESPN100 • Named First Team Parade All-American and USA Today All-USA Second Team • Tallied 18 points and 10 rebounds to claim Most Valuable Player honors at the 2015 McDonald’s All-American Game • Shined at the 2015 Jordan Brand Classic with 26 points and 11 rebounds, picking up another MVP title • The 2014 and 2015 New York Gatorade Player of the Year • Chalked up 18.5 points, 11 rebounds, and four blocks per game as a high school junior.
• Raised in Kayes, Mali, before attending Our Savior New American High School in Centereach, New York…Youngest of five boys • Started playing basketball at age 13 • As part of the Chevron Hoops for Kids program, handed out trophies to basketball teams from the local Covington area • Paid a visit to the Ochsner Medical Maternity wing in order to congratulate the new mothers • For the holidays, participated with local Boys and Girls Club children to have their very own party to celebrate the season.