Stephenson, Plumlee named to First Team
July 13, 2012
Orlando, Fla. – The Orlando Magic’s First Round draft pick Andrew Nicholson headlined the 2012 AirTran Airways All-Summer League First Team at the conclusion of the five-day event at the Amway Center in Orlando, Fla. Nicholson concluded summer league play averaging 12.8 points per game and 6.8 rebounds per contest.
The Utah Jazz’s Alec Burks, Detroit’s Austin Daye and a pair of Indiana Pacers, Miles Plumlee and Lance Stephenson, rounded out the First Team selections.
The All-Summer League Second Team consisted of Oklahoma City’s Lazar Hayward and Reggie Jackson, Boston’s Jared Sullinger, Detroit’s Brandon Knight and Orlando’s Kyle O’Quinn. Honorable Mention selections were given to Detroit’s Kim English, Boston’s E’Twaun Moore and Dionte Christmas, Utah’s Enes Kanter and Jeremy Evans, Philadelphia’s Jacob Pullen and Justin Holiday, Orlando’s Justin Harper and Maalik Wayns and Brooklyn’s Tyshawn Taylor and Al Thornton. The members of the AirTran Airways All-Summer League Teams were selected by participating NBA teams’ public relations representatives, members of the media and select NBA personnel.
The Detroit Pistons and Boston Celtics were the big winners of the week, finishing with 4-1 records. For more information about the 2012 AirTran Airways Orlando Pro Summer League, and for final standings, stats and box scores from all 20 games, log on to OrlandoMagic.com.
AirTran Airways Orlando Pro All-Summer League Teams
- G – Alec Burks, Utah
- G – Lance Stephenson, Indiana
- F – Andrew Nicholson, Orlando
- F – Austin Daye, Detroit
- C – Miles Plumlee, Indiana
- G – Brandon Knight, Detroit
- G – Reggie Jackson, Oklahoma City
- F – Lazar Hayward, Oklahoma City
- F – Jared Sullinger, Boston
- C – Kyle O’Quinn, Orlando
- Boston – Dionte Christmas, E’Twaun Moore
- Oklahoma City – Garrett Temple
- Utah – Enes Kanter, Jeremy Evans
- Orlando – Justin Harper, Maalik Wayns
- Detroit – Kim English
- Philadelphia – Jacob Pullen, Justin Holiday
- Brooklyn – Al Thornton, Tyshawn Taylor