Rose named Bulls CDW/IBM Player of the Month
Rose (6-3, 190 pounds) started 14 games (missed one game due to injury) during the months of October/November (the Bulls went 9-6) and posted averages of 26.6 ppg, 8.2 apg, 4.6 rpg, 1.00 spg in 39.1 mpg.
December 1, 2010 – Derrick Rose has been named the Bulls CDW/IBM Player of the Month for November. The Bulls guard is this season’s first award winner, which will be presented each month throughout the 2010-11 campaign.
Rose (6-3, 190 pounds) started 14 games (missed one game due to injury) during the months of October/November (the Bulls went 9-6) and posted averages of 26.6 ppg, 8.2 apg, 4.6 rpg, 1.00 spg in 39.1 mpg. He shot .468 percent from the field, .327 percent from downtown and .776 percent from the free throw line. Rose led the team in scoring 10 times, as he posted 10 games with 20-plus points and six games with 30-plus points. He also led the team in assists 14 times and dished out 10 or more assists three times.
He is currently first on the Bulls in points (26.6 ppg – 3rd in the NBA) and assists (8.2 apg – 8th in the NBA). Rose ranks seventh in the NBA in FGM (second in the East) and is the only player in the NBA averaging at least 26.0 ppg and 8.0 apg. He also became the ninth different player in NBA history to amass at least 300 points and 100 assists in his team’s first 12 games of the season; Rose tallied 307 points and 101 assists in Chicago’s first 12 games.
Here is a recap of Derrick Rose’s November highlights:
- -- On Oct. 30, in Chicago’s 101-91 win over Detroit, Rose posted 39 points (tied career-high) to go along with his seven assists, two blocks and two steals in 38:02 minutes of action.
- -- In Chicago’s 120-90 victory over Golden State on Nov. 11, Rose notched his third double-double of the year with 22 points and 13 assists.
- -- On Nov. 16, a 95-92 Chicago win at Houston, Rose recorded a team-high 33 points, seven assists, three rebounds and three steals.
- -- At Phoenix on Nov. 24, a 123-115 (2OT) Bulls win, Rose notched his fourth double-double of the year with 35 points, a career-high 12 rebounds and seven assists in 50:19 minutes of play.
- -- On Nov. 27, in Chicago’s 96-85 win over Sacramento, Rose tallied a game-high 30 points, seven rebounds and seven assists. It marked Rose’s fifth game (out of his last six) with 30 or more points.
CDW is a leading provider of technology solutions for business, government, education and healthcare. Ranked No. 41 on Forbes' list of America's Largest Private Companies, CDW features dedicated account managers who help customers choose the right technology products and services to meet their needs. The company's technology specialists offer expertise in designing customized solutions, while its advanced technology engineers can assist customers with the implementation and long-term management of those solutions. Areas of focus include notebooks, desktops, printers, servers and storage, unified communications, security, wireless, power and cooling, networking, software licensing and mobility solutions.
CDW was founded in 1984 and employs approximately 6,150 coworkers. In the twelve months trailing June 30, 2010, the company generated sales of $8.1 billion. For more information, visit CDW.com.