Boozer named Bulls CDW/IBM Player of the Month
On the year, Boozer currently ranks second on the Bulls in scoring (20.6 ppg) and rebounding (9.8 rpg), and he also is averaging 2.3 apg, 0.82 spg and 32.3 mpg.
January 4, 2011 – Carlos Boozer has been named the Bulls CDW/IBM Player of the Month for December. This marks the first time that Boozer has received the CDW/IBM Player of the Month Award. Derrick Rose was the recipient of the award for the month of November.
Boozer (6-9, 266 pounds) returned to Chicago’s lineup on December 1st (he missed the first 15 games of the season with a broken right hand). In 16 December games, Boozer started every game (the Bulls went 12-4) and averaged 20.6 ppg, a team-best 9.7 rpg and 2.4 apg in 32.3 mpg. He shot .551 percent from the field and .697 percent from the free throw line. Boozer led the team in scoring seven times, as he posted 10 games with 20-plus points and three games with 30-plus points. He also led the team in rebounds eight times, tallying nine games with 10 or more boards. Boozer shot over .555 percent from the field in nine games and posted nine double-doubles.
On the year, Boozer currently ranks second on the Bulls in scoring (20.6 ppg) and rebounding (9.8 rpg), and he also is averaging 2.3 apg, 0.82 spg and 32.3 mpg. He is shooting a team-high .545 from the field and .707 from the line.
Here is a recap of Carlos Boozer’s December highlights:
- - On Dec. 6, in Chicago’s 99-90 win over Oklahoma City, Boozer posted his first double-double of the season with 29 points (13-21 FG; .619 percent) and 12 rebounds in 36:11 minutes of action.
- - Against Toronto on Dec. 15, Boozer shot .765 (13-17 FG) from the floor, and posted 34 points and 12 rebounds in Chicago’s 110-93 victory.
- - On Dec. 22, a 87-80 Chicago win at Washington, Boozer recorded team-highs in points (30), rebounds (10) and assists (seven).
- - At Detroit on Dec. 26, a 95-92 Bulls win, Boozer notched his eighth double-double of the year with 31 points and 11 rebounds in 36:31 minutes of play.
- - On Dec. 31, in Chicago’s 90-81 win over New Jersey, Boozer tallied his ninth double-double with 20 points and a game-high 15 boards in 36:44 minutes of action.
CDW is a leading provider of technology solutions for business, government, education and healthcare. Ranked No. 41 on Forbes' list of America's Largest Private Companies, CDW features dedicated account managers who help customers choose the right technology products and services to meet their needs. The company's technology specialists offer expertise in designing customized solutions, while its advanced technology engineers can assist customers with the implementation and long-term management of those solutions. Areas of focus include notebooks, desktops, printers, servers and storage, unified communications, security, wireless, power and cooling, networking, software licensing and mobility solutions. CDW was founded in 1984 and employs approximately 6,150 coworkers. In the twelve months trailing June 30, 2010, the company generated sales of $8.1 billion. For more information, visit CDW.com.