Paschketball's Playoff Points - 5/24/12
Tonight the Haslem-less Heat take on the Indiana Pacers in Indiana at 7pm (central) on ESPN.Here are some points to keep in mind. Don't forget to enter your pick for the Bucks Playoff Pick 'em for your chance to win.
Miami at Indiana (Miami up 3-2)
- When the Heat are up 3-2 in a Best-of-7 Playoff series they have won four out of six series and a have 3-3 Game 6 record.
- When the Pacers are down 3-2 in a Best-of-7 series they have an 0-8 series record and a 2-6 Game 6 record (with a losing streak of 6 straight).
- In game 5 the pacers shot their lowest field goal percentage (33.7 percent) in a playoff game since they shot 26.9 percent against the Celtics on April 30, 2005.
- The Heat got hot in the 4th quarter of Game 5 shooting a blistering 15 of 19 from the field (78.9 percent). That's the highest field goal percentage in the 4th quarter of any playoff game since Minnesota shot 80 percent (8/10) against the Nuggets on April 30, 2004.
- The Heat are hard to stop on the break, they've averaged 18.7 fast break points a game in their three wins this series. Compared to just 7.0 fast break points a game in their two losses. In Game 5 the Heat outscored the Pacers 22-2 on the break.
- Pacers big man Roy Hibbert protects his house. Hibbert has blocked multiple shots in all of his five home games this season. He's blocked multiple shots in 30 of his 37 home games since the start of the '11-12 season.
- Joel Anthony blocked at least three shots in back-to-back playoff games for the second time in his career.
- The Pacers were -4 when Danny Granger was on the floor before his injury in game five.
(Information gathered from Stats Inc. and NBA.com)