A New Era For The Atlanta Hawks
Hawks Launch New Logos,
Uniforms For 2007-08 Season
- New Uniform Photo Gallery: Home Uni | Away Uni | History | Joe Johnson | Draft Picks
- Hawks 3D Flash Animation Of New Uniform | Wallpaper
- 2007-08 Hawks Brand Identity: JPEG | PDF
- Atlanta Hawks Uniform Timeline: JPEG | PDF
- Video: New Logo, New Uniform, New Attitude
- Video: The Making Of The Hawks New Look
- Get Your New Hawks Apparel Now!
ATLANTA (June 25, 2007) -- A new uniform, new colors and a new attitude highlight the off-season for the Atlanta Hawks as the franchise today officially revealed its new home and road uniforms, color changes to the primary logo, as well as a new secondary logo, according to Team President and CEO Bernie Mullin. Designed by adidas using their popular ClimaCool material, the new Hawks uniforms feature a red, white, navy blue and silver color scheme, with a predominantly white home uniform and navy road uniform.
"A great deal of planning and collaboration went into the creation of this classic yet sleek, modern design," said Mullin. "We engaged our players early in the process and they are very excited about the look and feel of the new uniforms," said Mullin. "The color scheme harkens back to the St. Louis Hawks and early years of the Hawks in Atlanta. We want to celebrate the rich history of our franchise while freshening up our look at the same time."
The upcoming 2007-08 Atlanta Hawks NBA regular-season marks the 40th anniversary of the team moving to Atlanta as well as the 50th anniversary of the team winning the NBA Championship. The colors for the St. Louis Hawks were red, white, and blue, and the Atlanta Hawks originally were also red, white, and blue during the teams' initial two seasons in Atlanta (1968-69 and 1969-70).
The organization's primary logo remains intact and features the new color scheme. The lettering on the jerseys is block-style with the word "Hawks" across the crest of the home jersey and "Atlanta" on the road jersey. The lettering has silver accenting which provides depth and dimension.
In addition, the team has introduced a new secondary logo, which is a more modern, sleek, and aggressive version of the previous Hawks' head. The logo is the Hawks' head positioned in a downward motion as it swoops down on its prey, and has been placed on the front of the legs on both sets of uniform pants.
The new color scheme and secondary logo will be reflected throughout all aspects of the organization, most notably:
* Re-designed hawks.com, which re-launches Tuesday, June 24.
* Re-designed main basketball court and surrounding apron inside Philips Arena.
* Sponsor signage throughout Philips Arena.
* Team mascot costume designs (Harry the Hawk and Skyhawk).
* Hawks A-Town Dancers uniforms.
2007-08 Primary Logo
2007-08 Secondary Logo