Hawks Reveal Larger-Than-Life 3D Paul Millsap Billboard
HAWKS REVEAL LARGER-THAN-LIFE 3D PAUL MILLSAP BILLBOARD
Billboard Will Begin Unique Promotion That Gives Fans the Opportunity to Spend Time with Paul Millsap
Highlighted by a Trip to Las Vegas to Watch a Hawks Game with Millsap at the 2014 NBA Summer League
ATLANTA (March 21, 2014) -- The Atlanta Hawks unveiled a pre-installed 21.5 foot tall, 700-pound, 3D-billboard of Paul Millsap dunking on a basketball rim at Chisel 3D yesterday afternoon. The billboard will be installed in early April near I-85 North of Piedmont Circle, where access is provided to Atlanta destinations such as Ansley Mall, Piedmont Park and the Atlanta Botanical Gardens.
“Our Managing Partner Bruce Levenson challenged us to use our billboards to reach out to our fans in a unique and creative way and we couldn’t think of anything more impactful than this unique billboard. We are excited for it to go up in such a great area in Atlanta and that our fans will get to know and learn more about Paul through this special promotion,” said Peter Sorckoff, Senior Vice President of Marketing.
The installation in early April will tip off a year-long promotion in which fans can enter to win one of three opportunities to spend time with Paul Millsap by calling **DUNK from their mobile phones and entering the contest. The three opportunities were selected by Millsap and include the following:
• Free airfare and hotel for two nights to Las Vegas to watch an NBA Summer League game with Millsap with spending money and tickets provided.
• A basketball workout with Millsap and one of the Hawks trainers at Philips Arena with the prize winner receiving free Adidas shoes, autographed Millsap basketballs, official team gear, a free Hawks Flex ticket package during the 2014-15 season and a $250 gift card to the Hawks Team Shop.
• A special video game challenge against Millsap where the prize winner will play Millsap in games inside Philips Arena and receive a brand new Philips 3000 Series 50” TV, an XBOX One System with Kinect and three XBOX One games.
“I’m looking forward to engaging Hawks fans and sharing with them some of the activities that I really enjoy. This has been a fun project to be a part of and I’m excited to get to meet the prize winners,” Millsap said.
About Paul Millsap:
The Atlanta Hawks signed Paul Millsap to a contract on July 10, 2013. The 29 year-old power forward is in his eighth NBA season and was selected to his first career NBA All-Star Game this year. The versatile big man is the only player in the NBA this season with per-game averages of at least 16.0 points, 8.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 1.0 assists and 1.0 blocks. As of today, Millsap is averaging team-highs of 17.9 points, 8.3 rebounds, 1.8 steals and 1.1 blocks in 60 games (.459 FG%, .368 3FG%, .745 FG%). He leads the Hawks in double-doubles (22) and recorded his first career triple-double on March 18 when he compiled 19 points, 13 rebounds and a career-high 10 assists against Toronto.
Powered by Zoove Corporation, StarStar is a unique mobile phone number that connects brands with their audiences, anytime, anywhere. By simply asking audiences to call "star star" (**) and then any brand name, organizations can instantly deliver any type of content directly to consumers, in the moment, on their mobile devices. The StarStar platform is enabled across all major U.S. carriers, and drives millions of calls every year for the world’s top brands while providing unprecedented real-time metrics and media efficacy. For more information please visit www.starstarbrand.com.
About Chisel 3D:
Chisel 3D is a theming fabrication and design company in Atlanta. They create and fabricate three-dimensional pieces such as giant props, foam sculptures, fiberglass replicas and entire environments for trade shows, experiential marketing events and permanent installations. They work with organizations of every size and in all parts of the U.S. and the world.
About the Location:
• I-85 N/O Piedmont Circle facing South
• Piedmont Circle/Monroe provides access to Ansley Mall, Piedmont Park and Atlanta Botanical Gardens
• Piedmont Road leads into the heart of Buckhead, Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza
• Over 650,000 views per week and nearly 35,000,000 annually