FINAL: Grizzlies 104, Heat 86
November 11, 2012
In the Den
Key Stats of the Night
Key Run of the Night
Wayne Ellington scored 25 points Sunday night as the Grizzlies beat the Heat 104-86 at the FedExForum. Zach Randolph had a double-double (18 points, 12 rebounds) while Rudy Gay added 21 points. The Grizzlies’ next matchup is Wednesday night against the Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Memphis is now 5-1 to open the season, the team’s best start in franchise history.
- The Grizzlies extended franchise-record regular season home winning streak to 14 games… The team’s last home loss came on March 16, 2012 vs. Toronto in overtime… Memphis’ last home loss in regulation was on Feb. 12, 2012 against Utah.
- The Grizzlies led wire-to-wire in tonight’s win over the Heat after leading the whole way in the previous meeting on April 6, 2012 at Miami.
- The Grizzlies have won three of the four matchups since LeBron James and Chris Bosh joined the Heat in free agency during the summer of 2010.
- Memphis made six three-pointers in the second quarter, tying a franchise record for three-point makes in a quarter… The Grizzlies had made six treys in a quarter six other times prior to tonight, most recently on March 20, 2010 vs. Golden State (third quarter).
- The Grizzlies held the Heat to 86 points tonight… Miami entered tonight leading the league in scoring, averaging 107.5 ppg.
- Led by Wayne Ellington’s 25 points, the Grizzlies’ bench outscored Miami’s reserves 41-26.
Grizzlies at Thunder
Wednesday, November 14, 7pm
The Grizzlies head to Oklahoma City to take on the Thunder. Join us at Aldo's Pizza for Grizzlies Watch Party.
- Tune In: SportSouth | 92.9FM | 680AM
2012-13 Season Tickets, 20- and 10-Game Packs are on sale now. Call 901.888.HOOP (4667) to learn more. Find single game tickets online at Ticketmaster.com, at local Ticketmaster Ticket Centers or via phone at 1-800-4NBA-TIX. Grizzlies regular season action tips-off at home on Monday, November 5 against the Utah Jazz.
Adidas Item of the Game
Look for the Adidas Item of the Game at the Grizzlies Den Team Store inside FedExForum during every Grizzlies Home Game.