FOX Sports Ohio preps for Cavs with "Tip-tober"
roundtable & more throughout October.
CLEVELAND, OH – As the Cleveland Cavaliers gear up for the 2012-13 season, FOX Sports Ohio gets fans ready with special Cavs programming and FOXSportsOhio.com features throughout the month of October, or “Tip-tober”.
In the return of Tip-tober, FOX Sports Ohio features various programs, including two Cavaliers preseason games, two Cavaliers Showcase replays, one Cavaliers Roundtable, Cavaliers Live: Season Preview, and Access Cavaliers.
New in October, Cavs fans will also get a unique behind-the-scenes look at the FOX Sports Ohio Cavs broadcast team through a series of promotional vignettes called ‘Off Mic.’ Each new piece will give an inside look at the career beginnings, highlights and personal perspectives of a Cavs broadcaster as he/she made her way to becoming part of the FOX Sports Ohio family.
FOXSportsOhio.com will also help fans get ready for Cavs season. NBA and Cavs expert Sam Amico will host weekly online chats at the start of Cavs training camp. Readers can also look for Amico’s NBA team previews and training camp and season previews. Additionally, Cavs fans can like FOX Sports Ohio on Facebook and follow @FOXSportsOH on Twitter throughout #Tiptober for a chance to win prizes.
The following is a complete listing of the Tip-tober programming on FOX Sports Ohio.
Two LIVE Cavs preseason games:
• Cavs v. Milwaukee Bucks, Tuesday, Oct. 9 at 7pm, Canton Memorial Civic Center
• Cavs @ Philadelphia 76ers, Wednesday, Oct. 17 at 7pm, Wells Fargo Center
Two Cavaliers Showcase replays:
• The first replay, airing Monday, Oct. 15 at 8pm, will be the game from February 2, 2012. Kyrie Irving and the Cavs held off the defending champions Dallas Mavericks. Irving sealed the win with a reverse lay-up with just sixteen seconds left on the clock.
• The second replay is scheduled to air Monday, Oct. 22 at 8pm, featuring the game from March 19, 2012 when the Cavs defeated the New Jersey Nets. Tristan Thompson helped earn the Cavs’ big victory with 27 points and 12 rebounds.
• A 30-minute Cavaliers Roundtable will additionally air during Tip-tober, where broadcaster Jeff Phelps sits down with second season standouts Kyrie Irving and Tristan Thompson, veteran Anderson Varejao, and new-comer Jeremy Pargo to discuss training camp, the upcoming season, and more.
• Premieres Monday, October 8 at 6pm | Check local listing for replays.
Cavaliers Live: Season Preview:
• The FOX Sports Ohio Cavaliers broadcast team of Fred McLeod, Austin Carr, Jeff Phelps, Campy Russell, and Allie Clifton will bring fans up-to-date on Cavs training camp and how the team will attack the 2012-13 season.
• The half hour program premieres Monday, October 29 at 6:30pm. It will replay later that evening at 10pm.
• Fans get total behind-the-scenes access with this 30-minute Cavaliers-produced show.
• It premieres Friday, Oct. 5 at 2:30pm. Beginning Nov. 2, a new show will air every other Friday at 2:30pm with replays each week.