Cleveland Set to Open the 2011-12 Regular Season at The Q Versus the Toronto Raptors
CLEVELAND, OH - December 6, 2011 - For the seventh time in eight seasons, the Cleveland Cavaliers will open their season at Quicken Loans Arena. The Cavaliers will host the Toronto Raptors on Monday, Dec. 26th before hitting the road for a two-game road trip with games at Detroit and Indiana as Cleveland will play nine of their first 12 games away from The Q.
Every Cavaliers game will be televised in High-Definition on FOX Sports Ohio and broadcast locally and regionally across the Cavaliers Radio Network, by the Cavaliers’ flagship station WTAM 1100 AM. Cleveland will also appear in a national television broadcast on NBA TV on March 25th against the Phoenix Suns.
The 66-game regular season schedule consists of 33 home and 33 road games. The Cavaliers will face each Eastern Conference opponent either three (twice at The Q and once on the road or once at The Q and twice on the road) or four times (twice at The Q and twice on the road) for a total of 48 games. Cleveland will face Central Division rivals Indiana, Detroit and Milwaukee four times as well as New Jersey, New York and Toronto. They will play the remaining Eastern Conference teams three times: Atlanta (2R, 1H), Boston (2H, 1R), Charlotte (2H, 1R), Chicago (2H, 1R), Miami (2R, 1H), Orlando (2R, 1 H), Philadelphia (2H, 1R) and Washington (2R, 1H).
Each Western Conference opponent will play the Cavaliers once, either at The Q or on the road, with the exception of Phoenix, San Antonio and Utah, who the Cavs will play both at home and away. Cleveland will host Dallas, Golden State, Houston, the Los Angeles Clippers, New Orleans and Sacramento once and make visits to Denver, the Los Angeles Lakers, Memphis, Minnesota, Oklahoma City and Portland.
Cleveland will play 20 traditional back-to-backs and one back-to-back-to-back (April 13-15).
Other ‘stats’ on Cleveland’s 2011-12 schedule include:
- Fifteen home weekend games with seven Friday games, two Saturday games and six Sunday games, including two Sunday matinee games (March 18th against Atlanta and March 25th versus Phoenix).
- A nine-game home stand from Feb. 8-28, the most consecutive home games in franchise history.
- A season-long seven-game road trip from Jan. 4-16, their longest trip since the 2006-07 season.
- Ten of their 13 games during February will take place at The Q.
- Twenty sets of traditional back-to-back games, including three home-home sets, nine home-road sets, six road-home sets and two road-road set.
- Three occasions in which the Cavs will play four games in five nights and two instances in which the Cavs will play five games in seven nights – all before April.
- Cleveland ends the season with a very busy April. Beginning April 3rd until the conclusion of the season on April 26th, the Cavs finish the season with a stretch of 16 games in 24 days, including a period with seven games in nine days (Apr. 10-18th).
IMPORTANT TICKET ON SALE INFORMATION:
All fans who purchase a ticket—starting at just $10— to the Cavaliers vs. Detroit Pistons preseason game at The Q on Tuesday, December 20th at 7:00 pm. will receive a complimentary ticket to any regular season game in January (same price level as purchased for the preseason game). The January game schedule includes games against top opponents like the Chicago Bulls, Boston Celtics, and New York Knicks. The preseason game night on December 20th vs. the Detroit Pistons will be a full game entertainment presentation and also a $1 dog and $1 soda night.
Remaining single game tickets will then go on sale to the general public on Saturday, December 10th at 10:00 a.m. Fans will be able to purchase tickets at cavs.com, charge-by-phone at 1-800-820-CAVS, in person at the Quicken Loans Arena box office, or at any one of Discount Drug Mart’s 58 northern Ohio locations.
The 22-Game Plan is on sale now! Fans can lock in the best seats for the biggest games of the season with the 22-game plan and receive a Cavaliers jacket with purchase. 22-Game Plan holders also receive many other exclusive benefits. Call 1-800-820-CAVS for details and learn more about “FANDEMONIUM” and how to win one of 80 unique Prizes in 40 Days!
Unique Fan Experience packages for group outings (20 or more tickets together) are also available for each Cavs home game. Discounts are available for select games. For more information on special group seating, or to place an initial $200 group payment, call 216-420-2153.