Daily News - November 10, 2017
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
How Cleveland Cavs' 5-7 start compares to previous LeBron James teams, and how each finished
Author: Rich Exner
CLEVELAND, Ohio - Longtime Cleveland Cavs fans will recall when the team started 2-19 but rallied to make the 1985 playoffs, nearly upsetting the Boston Celtics in a competitive five-game series.
But that was long before LeBron James. World B. Free was the star of that team.
Expectations are different now. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Rockets rebound (and rebound some more) past the Cavs, 117-113
Author: Joe Vardon
HOUSTON -- Of all the ways the Cavaliers could lose to the Houston Rockets, by 3-pointer or turnover or James Harden, it was the offensive rebound that did them in.
A Clint Capela putback of a missed Harden shot with 10.7 seconds to go propelled Houston to a 117-113 win Thursday night. It was the second rebound for the Rockets on that possession in a game the Cavs were outrebounded 45-26.
LeBron James led the Cavs with 33 points and seven assists on 15-of-24 shooting, but he committed a season-worst nine turnovers. Cleveland (5-7) turned the ball over 19 times for a whopping 38 points. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cavs Fall in Shootout with Rockets
Author: Cavs Staff
Statistics don’t always tell the story, but when one team takes 22 more free throws and grabs 19 more rebounds than the other, it’s not hard to figure the final result.
The Cavaliers played one of their most complete games of the young season, but it still wasn’t enough against the high-octane Rockets – who were simply too much on Thursday night, handing Cleveland the 117-113 loss at the Toyota Center.
Houston led by as many as 18 points in the second quarter before a two-man barrage by LeBron James and Jeff Green gave Cleveland a two-point lead heading into intermission. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (11/10) Rockets 117, Cavaliers 113: James Harden records triple-double as Cavs fall in heated, knockdown battle Akron Beacon Journal
- (11/10) Marla’s 35 shots from beyond the arc on free throws, rebounds and moral victories Akron Beacon Journal
- (11/10) Harden’s triple-double leads Rockets over Cavs, 117-114 News-Herald
- (11/10) Cavaliers put up a fight against Rockets, but still fall Medina-Gazette
- (11/10) Cavs are finding long-range shot but it still won't be the same The Athletic
- (11/10) Final thoughts: Cavs' rebounding problems without Tristan Thompson exposed in loss to Rockets The Athletic
- (11/10) The Derrick Rose experiment is off to a rough start for the Cavs The Athletic
- (11/10) LeBron James discusses potentially purchasing the Cavaliers Waiting For Next Year
- (11/10) Dribbles: Cavs better, but slow start haunts again Amico Hoops
- (11/10) Cavs’ James expects to play vs. Mavs Amico Hoops
- (11/10) Cavs’ Altman spotted scouting Luka Doncic Amico Hoops
- (11/10) LeBron James: Cavs can't expect Isaiah Thomas to fix all problems ESPN.com
- (11/10) James Harden Beats LeBron James While Equaling Michael Jordan New York Times
- (11/10) Clint Capela shines in Rockets' win over Cavaliers Houston Chronicle
- (11/10) NBA G League Preview: Canton Charge at Lakeland Magic Canton Repository
- (11/10) Kendrick Perkins Discusses Move To Canton Charge, Cavs Two-Way Players, And Culture Of The NBA G League Ridiculous Upside
- (11/10) My NBA Journey: Quinn Cook NBA G League
- (11/10) Lakeland Magic set for first home game tonight The Ledger