Daily News - May 2, 2016
David Liam Kyle - NBAE/Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Will Kevin Love be effective at center against the center-less Atlanta Hawks?
Author: Chris Haynes
CLEVELAND, Ohio – When Tyronn Lue went with Kevin Love at the center position in the opening playoff round, it immediately forced the Detroit Pistons into an uncomfortable style of play.
Andre Drummond, a conventional center, was exposed on the defensive end. He was constantly late closing out on a pick-and-pop Love, and it cost his team dearly. Instead of benching his All-Star center, Stan Van Gundy tried to use him on the likes of Iman Shumpert, who they considered to be a non-scoring threat.
Even though Shumpert couldn't exploit that matchup, he kept the big man out on the perimeter and away from the basket to prevent him from rebounding and blocking shots. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Richard Jefferson on Charles Barkley picking Cavs to win championship: 'It means nothing'
Author: Chris Haynes
CLEVELAND, Ohio – Hall-of-Famer/TNT analyst Charles Barkley is known for saying some provocative things on the air. You're hardly ever surprised by what comes out of his mouth.
But last week Barkley managed to say something that caught many in the basketball community off guard.
"[The Hawks] can win a game, but they can't beat the Cavaliers. The Cavaliers are, in my opinion, the favorite to win the world championship. [Cleveland is] the team to beat," Barkley stated. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
LeBron James, Cavaliers have reason to beware of NBA second round
Author: Joe Vardon
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio – Go back to what LeBron James said Friday about leaving the past where it belongs.
"At the end of the day what happened in the past doesn't define what happens today," James said then. He chose not to speak to reporters Sunday after the Cavs practiced in preparation for Monday's conference semifinal opener against Atlanta.
When James made that comment, he was talking about the destruction both he and his teammates have laid upon the Hawks over the past 12 months. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (5/2) Cleveland Cavaliers, Tyronn Lue 'very anxious' to begin series with Atlanta Hawks after long layoff Cleveland.com
- (5/2) Cleveland Cavaliers Pregame Scribbles: Cavs will eliminate Atlanta Hawks in five games -- Terry Pluto Cleveland.com
- (5/2) East Semis: Game 1 Preview vs. Atlanta Hawks - May 2, 2016 Cavs.com
- (5/2) Burden to bring title to Cleveland not weighing on LeBron James, Cavaliers GM David Griffin says Akron Beacon Journal
- (5/2) Jason Lloyd: Breaking down Cavaliers-Hawks matchups Akron Beacon Journal
- (5/2) Cleveland Cavaliers eager to get series against Atlanta Hawks going on May 2 News-Herald
- (5/2) Alex Hooper: The Cleveland Cavaliers should sweep the Atlanta Hawks in Round 2 News-Herald
- (5/2) Cleveland Cavaliers-Atlanta Hawks player matchups: James, bench are Cavs’ biggest edges News-Herald
- (5/2) Cleveland Cavaliers guard Kyrie Irving heating up for playoffs with Atlanta Hawks News-Herald
- (5/2) Cleveland Cavaliers notes: Tyronn Lue proving himself in the playoffs News-Herald
- (5/2) Cavaliers eager to get back on court against Hawks, say they’re not worried about long layoff between playoff series Medina Gazette
- (5/2) NBA Playoffs: The Hawks have a LeBron James problem Fear the Sword
- (5/2) Rob Oller commentary | Cavaliers will keep roll going against Hawks Columbus Dispatch
- (5/2) Amico: Cavs-Hawks position breakdowns Amico Hoops
- (5/2) Hawks-Cavaliers Preview Yahoo! Sports
- (5/2) LeBron: Hawks still a well-coached, well-balanced group USA Today
- (5/2) Playoff Preview: Four questions to answer about Hawks vs. Cavaliers Pro Basketball Talk
- (5/2) Cleveland Cavaliers Face First True Test of Their 2016 NBA Playoffs Bleacher Report