Girl Contracting Inc.
to help local Black businesses grow and succeed.
Blocked From Capital
Blocked From Assistance
- In the Philadelphia region, Black owned businesses average less than a third of the annual sales of white-owned businesses.
- During the COVID-19 recession, 28-percent of Black-owned businesses were in industries with the largest total job losses versus just 20-percent of white-owned businesses.
- Between February and April 2020, 41-percent of Black owned businesses shut down compared to 17-percent of white-owned businesses.
- Despite the challenges they have faced, Black businesses have continued to find ways to succeed and are a crucial pillar of our economy.
- They create jobs and enrich our culture, but many of them have remained relatively hidden gems.
- Imagine how much more they will contribute to our communities, our cities, and our country when more Black businesses have access to the tools that will help them grow and thrive.
As a first step, the Philadelphia 76ers are launching the Buy Black program. This immersive program has been developed to promote and market a select few Black-owned businesses that were founded in the communities in which we live, work, play and win.
With access to HBSE's expansive reach through 76ers channels and exposure to expert marketing consultation and use of marketing assets typically reserved for larger corporate partners, the selected businesses will receive customized marketing plans that will be executed by the 76ers to grow, and sustain the success of their business.
Here Is How We Can Help
Paycheck Protection Panel Discussion
in the 76ers Buy Black Program.