Five things to know about the Pelicans on Oct. 8
1) It was déjà vu for New Orleans on Monday night, with the Pelicans recording a second straight dramatic victory on the road against a division rival from Texas. Brian Roberts took over in the fourth quarter by erupting for 17 points, after Anthony Davis notched a team-best 25 (21 in the first three periods). The Pelicans improved to 2-0 in preseason with a 94-92 win against the Mavericks (0-1).
2) The Pelicans arrived at their team hotel in Jacksonville at 3 a.m. this morning and will practice this afternoon. New Orleans plays the Orlando Magic for the first of two head-to-head preseason meetings on Wednesday at 6 p.m. Central (7 p.m. locally in Jacksonville).
3) Listen to the Black & Blue Report on Pelicans.com at noon today (and any time thereafter) for more from Monty Williams on Monday’s win, as well as a one-on-one interview with Pelicans forward Ryan Anderson.
4) The NBA season is back not only for basketball players and coaches, but for the dance teams as well. Watch a video feature on one of the ways the Pelicans Dance Team is getting ready for 2013-14, with their annual Makeover Day.
5) In case you were busy with work or school on Pelicans Media Day and couldn’t catch our live stream, it’s all archived on Pelicans.com into five videos, starting with Part 1. It’s an hour-plus of video well worth watching, a chance to see Pelicans players conversing with broadcasters Sean Kelley and David Wesley in a more laidback, informal fashion.