Utah Jazz to Play in Orlando Pro Summer League
Eight-team, 20-game event runs July 9-13 at Amway Center
SALT LAKE CITY (May 30, 2012) – The Utah Jazz announced today that the team will participate in the 2012 AirTran Airways Orlando Pro Summer League which will take place on the Orlando Magic’s practice court at the Amway Center from July 9-13. The 20-game event hosted by the Magic will also feature the Boston Celtics, Brooklyn Nets, Detroit Pistons, Indiana Pacers, Oklahoma City Thunder and Philadelphia 76ers.
The Jazz will play five games in the summer league, facing the 76ers, Magic, Pacers, Pistons and Thunder once each. The Jazz will not face the Celtics or Nets. Utah previously participated in the Orlando Pro Summer League in 2009 and 2010, when the event was held at RDV Sportsplex in Orlando.
Due to space limitations, the Orlando Pro Summer League is not open to the public and will be open only to the media and professional team/league personnel. League games will begin at 9 a.m. MT from July 9-12, and at 6 a.m. MT on July 13. Fans can access box scores, game recaps and cumulative statistics by visiting www.utahjazz.com.
The Jazz’s game schedule and the league rules for the 2012 AirTran Airways Orlando Pro Summer League are listed below. A complete league schedule is available at www.orlandomagic.com. The Jazz’s mini-camp information and summer league roster will be released at a later date.
2012 AIRTRAN AIRWAYS ORLANDO PRO SUMMER LEAGUE JAZZ SCHEDULE
(Orlando, FL – Amway Center)
2012 AIRTRAN AIRWAYS ORLANDO PRO SUMMER LEAGUE RULES
- 10-minute quarters
- 3-minute overtime period(s)
- 5 full timeouts per team per game
- 2 one-minute mandatory TV timeouts per quarter on the first dead ball at 5:59 and then again at 2:59 on clock
- Maximum of 3 full timeouts to be used in the 4th quarter per team
- 1 :20 second timeout per team per half
- 1 full timeout and one :20 second timeout per overtime period per team
- Teams will be in the penalty on the 5th team foul of each quarter
- Teams will be in the penalty in overtime on the 3rd team foul
- No foul out rule – for each personal foul in excess of 6, the opposing team receives 2 free throws. For each personal foul in excess of 10, the opposing team receives 2 free throws and the ball.
- 10-minute halftime periods during games
- 10-minute intermission between games