Game Notes: Jazz @ Sixers
• With the win tonight, the Sixers snap a three-game losing streak at home and move back over .500 for the season at 5-4. The Jazz drop to 1-6 on the road this season. Philly has won three of the past five meeting over Utah, with all three victories coming at home, after losing six straight to the Jazz from 11/28/07-12/26/09.
• Philly had 99 points tonight and has scored at least 93 points in four of the past five games (94.0 ppg) after not topping 88 points the first four games of the season (83.3 ppg).
• The Sixers outshot Utah 46.0% to 44.4% from the floor. Philly improves to 4-0 when outshooting the opposition this season. It is just the third time the Sixers have shot 45.0% or better this season (3-0 mark).
• Philly hit a season-high tying 10 3-pointers on 55.6% shooting. It is the second time the Sixers have hit 10+ 3FGM this season after doing so four times in all of 2011-12. Philly has shot 40.0% or better from behind-the-arc in four of the past five games and five times overall this season.
• The Sixers had just 2 free throw attempts going into the final minute of play but finished with 10 FTA for the game. The NBA record low for a single game is 2 FTA. Tonight marked the fourth time this season that Philly’s opponent has had as many or more FTM as the Sixers had FTA.
• Jrue Holiday had a game-high 26 points. He has scored 20+ points four times this season, including three times over the past five games. Holiday had 20+ points 10 times in 65 games played last season. He also had 7 assists, marking his seventh game with 7+ assists this season. Holiday had 7+ assists 11 times in 2011-12. He had 4 FTA tonight, marking the fifth straight game he’s recorded 4+ FTA. Holiday never had 4+ FTA in more than three consecutive games prior in his career. He’s averaging 4.7 FTA this season, up from 1.8 in 2011-12.
• Jason Richardson had 20 points, marking his second 20-point effort over the past three games. He scored 20+ points five times for Orlando in 2011-12. Richardson hit 5 3-pointers tonight, marking his third straight game with 3+ 3FGM. Over the past three games, he is shooting 11-of-21 from behind-the-arc.
• Lavoy Allen had 10 points off the bench. He has scored 10+ points in each of the past two games and three times overall this season (Sixers 2-1 mark) after doing so four times as a rookie in 2011-12 (Sixers 3-1 mark). Allen also had a season-high 8 rebounds tonight.
• Over the past two games, the Sixers are averaging just 7.5 turnovers after averaging 15.4 tpg the first seven games of the season.