What is the Wizards DMV Music Portal?
- The Wizards DMV Music Portal is a digital platform that allows creators, producers, and musicians to upload their music to for consideration on Wizards broadcast spots, social videos, in-game videos, events, and more.
Is there a limit to the number of tracks I can upload?
- No, you can upload as many tracks as you would like!
Will I be compensated?
- Artists will be compensated via experiences, merchandise, tickets, exposure, etc. There will be no monetary compensation provided.
How are songs considered for use?
- Washington Wizards staff will review all music submitted for consideration through the Wizards DMV Music Portal, identify tracks of interest, and reach out to artists of interest to discuss next steps. To be considered, tell us a bit about yourself, make sure to upload your file in a MP3 or WAV format, and ensure all tracks are clean. Please refrain from submitting explicit tracks that contain profane or offensive words or language.
Where will my song be used?
- Your song may be used in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to: broadcast spots, social media videos, in-game videos, and events. You will be contacted directly regarding the use of your music before any use by the Team.
I’m under the age of 18, can I submit?
- Only individuals 18 years of age or older can submit to the DMV Music Portal.
When I submit music to the portal, does that mean you own it?
- No, by submitting music to the Washington Wizards DMV Music Portal, you have not granted any right or license in the Music to the Washington Wizards, except that you authorize the Washington Wizards to display the music submitted for purposes of evaluation. If the Washington Wizards have interest in licensing the music for public use, you will be contacted at the contact information provided through this Portal.
Do I have to live in the DMV to submit?
- No, all residents of the United States and Canada are eligible to submit to the Wizards DMV Music Portal.
Can I upload tracks as a producer?
- Yes, as long as you own all rights to the music you upload. If there is a co-author on the track, please let us know at the time of submission.
Can I upload a cover or remix?
- No, you must exclusively own all rights to the tracks you upload.
What information do I need to provide, and why?
- You will be asked to provide your name, artist type, genre, email address, biography, social media accounts, and connection to the DMV.
What kind of music are you looking for?
- All genres are welcome!
My track doesn’t fit into one genre, what should I select?
- If your track does not fit into one genre, please select “other” from the dropdown menu.
How will I be notified if my track is going to be used?
- You will be notified via email by Washington Wizards staff if the team has interest in using your music. At that time, we will discuss the use, and formalize any documents needed to begin the collaboration.
Additional questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org