Player Appearance Request
The Washington Wizards receive a significant number of requests each year for our players and coaches and they maintain an extremely tight schedule throughout the season with practices and games. While we recognize the importance of appearances at charitable and community functions, we only ask our players and coaches to attend team-organized events.
Charitable Donation Requests
As you can imagine The Washington Wizards are asked to support many worthwhile charitable causes and events each year. Our goal is to fulfill as many requests as possible, however due to the number of requests we receive, we simply are unable to accommodate them all with a donation. In order for your organization to be considered for a charitable donation, you must complete the online Washington Wizards Donation Request Form. You must also comply with the following guidelines:
- Request MUST be submitted at least six (6) weeks prior to the date of your event.
- Request may only be submitted online via our online Washington Wizards Donation Request Form.
- Approved organizations may only receive one donation per calendar year.
- Please do not send personal items to be autographed by Wizards players, coaches, or alumni. The Washington Wizards will not be held responsible for any lost or unreturned items.
- The Washington Wizards are unable to donate to organizations outside of the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area (MD and VA).
- All correspondence will be made via email, please do not call or email directly for status updates.
- The Washington Wizards Community Relations department is unable to make monetary donations or provide sponsorships.
- All requests for memorabilia and promotional items are limited to auction and/or raffle activities designed to raise funds for registered charities, with preference given to those that serve youth where the funds go directly to those in need.
- All requests are subject to approval by the Washington Wizards.
After you submit your request online, you will receive a return e-mail with a username and password so that you may check the status of your request. Please keep in mind that submitting an online request does not guarantee your organization will receive a donation.
Failure to follow these guidelines will result in denial
Can I receive more than one item for my event?
In order to fulfill as many request as possible, we will only provide one item per organization per calendar year.
Can I receive tickets as a donation?
Due to the limited number of tickets available, the Wizards are unable to donate game tickets to organizations for auctions or raffle items.
Can I request what item I would like to receive for my event?
No. The Wizards Community Relations department will determine what item will be donated to organizations.
If I send an item (e.g. basketball, jersey, trading cards, poster, etc.) can you have a player / team autograph it?
Unfortunately, we are unable to have such items signed. Should you chose to still send an item to be autographed, we cannot guarantee that your item will be returned and will not be responsible for lost items.
I live outside of the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area (MD and VA). Will you still make a donation to my organization?
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of request we receive, we will only make donations to organizations that are within 75 miles of Capital One Arena.
I received an item from the Wizards for my organizations event, but wish to exchange it for another item. Is that possible?
No, we are not able to exchange items for other items.