The 2022 NBA Champion Golden State Warriors and Chase today announced celebrations for Black History Month, which includes a variety of local in-person and virtual activations. Throughout the month of February and beyond, the Warriors will continue to recognize, honor and celebrate Black history through community activations and content series as part of Beyond28, which was launched in 2019.
Definition Series: Beyond28
Golden State will tip off the month with a Black History Month Celebration featuring a variety of in-arena performances and activations on February 4 as the team takes on the Dallas Mavericks at Chase Center. Throughout the month of February, the team will continue to honor Black History during Warriors home games. Additional upcoming Black History Month activations include:
- February 3: Black Surf Club Santa Cruz Event, presented by Chase – The Santa Cruz Warriors and Chase will team up with Black Surf Club Santa Cruz to host a two-hour surfing lesson aimed to eliminate access to barriers within the sport of surf and create an inclusive community by promoting physical and spiritual wellness.
- February 5: Hoops for Troops Resiliency Chalk Talk, presented by Pepsi – Servicemembers at Moffett Field will be invited to a chalk talk on topics including resiliency and overcoming adversity.
- February 7 and 27: Home Court Assist, presented by Chase – Throughout the month of February, the Warriors will host two Home Court Assist meal delivery events focused on supporting Black-owned restaurants who are Chase for Business customers by delivering over 2,000 fresh meals to Black and Brown communities throughout the Bay Area.
- February 23: Small Business Rebound, presented by Chase – In an effort to support local Chase for Business customers, the Warriors and Chase will host a watch party at Concord Tap House as the team visits the Los Angeles Lakers.
- February 25: Thrive City Black History Month Celebration, presented by Chase – The Warriors and Chase will host a Black History Month Celebration at Thrive City, the plaza surrounding Chase Center, highlighting Black literacy, arts and food. The event will feature a pop-up book fair with Oakland-based Chase for Business customer Marcus Books, the oldest Black-owned bookstore in the country.
- February 27: Women Rising – Generation Thrive will launch Women Rising, a women’s affinity group created to support Black and African American identifying women seeking support and community centered around topics including wellness, leadership, connection, and love and family.
- February 27: Black History Month Webinar, presented by Chase – The Santa Cruz Warriors and Chase will host a one-hour webinar and speaker panel for local community members focused on unconscious bias and intersectionality.
- February 28: Read to Achieve, presented by Ross – The Warriors and Ross will host a Read to Achieve event at Thrive City ahead of the Warriors vs. Trail Blazers game to celebrate Black authors and honor those that empower youth through literacy.
- February 28: Black-Owned Business Pregame Forum and Mixer, presented by Chase – Prior to tipoff of the Warriors vs. Trail Blazers game, the Warriors and Chase will host a pregame Black-owned business forum and mixer to give business owners the opportunity to collaborate and mingle with leadership from the Warriors, Chase and the Bay Area community.