(Ezra Shaw/NBAE/Getty Images)
7 Reasons Why You Should be on Warriors Ground on Tuesday
Tuesday night is shaping up to be an incredible experience on Warriors Ground, and that’s without considering the NBA history at stake in this matchup with the Lakers. Other than Oracle Arena just being an awesome place to take in a game, here are some reasons you might want to re-think your normal Tuesday night plans and head on over to Warriors Ground …
1. The StreakIt’s one of the top storylines of the NBA season – the Warriors are winning, and they’re winning often. The team has matched the best start in NBA history by winning their first 15 games. The 1948-49 Washington Capitols and the 1993-94 Houston Rockets also won their first 15, but the Dubs can stand alone if they can “Beat L.A.” on Tuesday.
2. “The City” UniformsLet’s be honest – you love the Warriors’ “The City” jerseys. Your dad loves those uniforms and other generations in your family can’t get enough of that classic look. The Warriors will only wear those popular uniforms four more times this season at Oracle Arena, and Tuesday marks one of those occasions. It will all be a part of Hardwood Classics Night, and in addition to the uniforms, the hardwood at Oracle Arena will feature “The City” logo at half court and the Warriors Team Store will be fully stocked with “The City” gear, so as Retta and Aziz Ansari would say, “Treat Yo’ Self.”
3. Honoring a Warriors LegendHe played hard, he played with passion, and even though he was never an All-Star and only played for one playoff team, Jason Richardson will forever be a fan favorite for Dub Nation. The 2002 and 2003 Slam Dunk Contest champion will be in attendance of Tuesday’s game, and the Warriors will honor the recently retired guard with an in-arena tribute. Richardson brought his best effort every night during some lean years in Warriors history, and that work ethic certainly struck a nerve with basketball fans in the Bay Area. From 2001 to 2007, Richardson averaged 18.3 points over 438 regular season games. During his last season with the Warriors, he was a key component to the “We Believe” squad that became the first eight-seeded playoff team to knock off the one-seed in a best-of-seven series. That year’s Warriors team won 16 of their last 21 regular season games to qualify for the playoffs, and then they won a playoff series against the Dallas Mavericks, 4-2.
4. The Other Guy From SaginawAs J-Rich was to the 2006-07 squad, Draymond Green is the heartbeat of the Warriors. His fearlessness passion for the game has endeared him to Warriors fans, and Green will be celebrated with his own Bobblehead Night on Tuesday. But get there early, as the Draymond Green NBA Champion Edition Bobblehead will only be distributed to the first 10,000 fans in attendance of Tuesday’s game.
5. Beat L.A.It’s quite the coincidence that on the night where the Warriors can potentially make NBA history, their opponent will be the franchise who has quite an impressive history of their own. The Lakers, even with their recent struggles, are still the Lakers, and who doesn’t like a “Beat L.A.” chant! This will be the first of this season’s two visits from Kobe Bryant and the Lakers, and it will certainly be one you won’t want to miss!
6. A Family AffairAre you a Bay Area native who’s coming home for Thanksgiving? Or maybe you’re local but are hosting friends and family for the holiday. Either way, a night out at Oracle Arena is a perfect way to spend a night during Thanksgiving week. Going to a Warriors home game should be on every sports fan’s bucket list, and Tuesday night would be a great time to check that one off.
7. Red PandaAre we saving the best for last? That’s for you to decide, but perhaps the iconic NBA halftime show of the 21st century will take place on Warriors Ground on Tuesday, and yes, we’re talking about Red Panda. No matter how many times you see it, the woman riding around on a unicycle kicking bowls onto her head is an act that is always worth staying in your seat for during halftime.
Sign up and be the first to know when tickets become available and receive presale access.