2016-17 Warriors Fun Facts
While we wait for the 2016-17 season to officially begin, here’s a few things you may find interesting.
1. The 2016-17 season is the 70th anniversary of the launch of the Warriors and the NBA.
2. The Warriors open the season at home for the 13th time in the last 15 years (October 25, 2016 against the Spurs) » Find Tickets
3. Throughout the course of the season, the Warriors will travel a total distance of 54,436 miles.
4. The team will wear six jerseys during the 2016-17 season – home whites, road blues, Crossover alternates, Slate alternates, Chinese New Year and Christmas Day unis.
5. The Dubs will debut their 90’s inspired Crossover alternate uniforms on Sunday, October 30 at Phoenix. The team will wear the uniforms for select Sunday games during the season as a nod to the Warriors “RUN TMC” era of the early 90’s.
6. Slate Nights are back – the Dubs will wear their Slate alternate uniforms for all Saturday home games and most Saturday away games during the 2016-17 season.
7. The team will wear a #42 patch on their uniforms for every game this season in honor of the late Warriors legend Nate Thurmond, who passed away on July 16, 2016 after a short battle with leukemia.
8. The Dubs are scheduled to make a franchise-record 30 national television appearances.
9. Entering his 20th season as the television play-by-play announcer for the Dubs, Bob Fitzgerald is the most junior of the Warriors’ broadcasters. Jim Barnett enters his 32nd season as the television analyst, and Tim Roye is entering his 22nd season as the voice of the Warriors’ radio broadcasts.
10. Rookie Damian Jones’ first job? An internship at Exxon.
11. Rookie Patrick McCaw chose the #0 because he “had 0 doubts into coming into the League and 0 worries.”
12. Kevin Durant’s biggest pet peeve is when other people drive his car – he really doesn’t like it when his seat is adjusted.
13. One thing Zaza Pachulia loves to collect? Bobbleheads!
14. Good thing for Zaza, the Dubs have three regular season Bobblehead Nights this season in addition to three preseason Bobblehead giveaways. View Bobblehead Nights
15. Many people don’t know that David West is a huge history buff.
16. This year’s squad features nine returning players.
17. Ian Clark’s favorite comfort food? Double-stuffed Oreo’s.
18. Steph Curry’s favorite TV show is Game of Thrones (he’s currently catching up on the series, so no spoilers!).
19. If Draymond Green could play one-on-one against any player (past or present), he would play Michael Jordan.
20. Andre Iguodala’s go-to restaurant when visiting Chicago is Harold’s Chicken.
21. In his down time, Shaun Livingston loves to watch The Wire, The Sopranos or The Office.
22. Kevon Looney loves playing in Milwaukee because he can always count on a good, home cooked meal.
23. During the offseason, James Michael McAdoo’s favorite way to spend his time is being out on the water.
24. Klay Thompson loves the ocean, but is terrified of sharks.
25. Anderson Varjeao claims he could not live without coffee.
Sign up and be the first to know when tickets become available and receive presale access.