What do we look for in a Golden State Breaker?
- Talented, powerful and show stopping performers
- Power-moves and flips are a bonus
- Ambassador/Representative for the Golden State Warriors organization
- Positive, energetic, with a great personality
- Team player
- Must be 18 years of age by October 1, 2019. No exceptions will be made.
What commitment is required to be a Golden State Breaker?
- Attend and perform at a minimum of ten (10) Golden State Warriors home games during the regular season + playoffs
- Able to attend rehearsals on: Friday evenings
*Additional rehearsals may be scheduled during the season for games, appearances, dance clinics, special events and playoffs
- Available for personal appearances for:
- Media interviews
- Photo shoots
- Dance clinics
- Team bonding camp
What is the Golden State Breakers audition process?
Auditions for the 2019-2020 Golden State Breakers is a multi-step process. The process includes the following but is not limited to:
- Application submission
- Preliminary audition
- Boot camp/ Final audition
- Monday, August 5th: Final day to pre-register for auditions. At this time the application and head shot (5x7 or larger) must be submitted to the Warriors' office at 1011 Broadway, Oakland, CA, 94607. Walk-ins day of auditions will also be accepted.
- Sunday, August 11th: Preliminary auditions. Candidates will show off their power moves + tricks, learn a short breaker style dance combination and work in small groups to create a group trick that will be performed in front of a panel of judges. At the end of the audition a group of finalists will be selected and continue to the boot camp and finals
Where will the preliminary auditions on August 11, 2019 be conducted?
2675 Mitchell Dr
Walnut Creek CA 94598
*Auditions are closed to the public
What should I wear to auditions?
- Dance or Workout attire
- Non-marking shoes (sneakers, athletic shoes)
What should I bring to prelims?
- Application (Download), 5x7 head shot (non-returnable)
- Water and snacks
For more information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com