What do we look for in a Warriors Dance Team member?
- Technically talented dancer, entertainer
- Ambassador/Representative for the Golden State Warriors organization
- Positive, energetic, with a great personality
- Team player
- Must be 18 years of age by October 1, 2019. No exceptions will be made.
What commitment is required to be a Golden State Warriors Dance Team member?
- Attend and perform at all Golden State Warriors home games
- Able to attend rehearsals on: Monday evenings / Wednesday evenings / Thursday evenings. Additional rehearsals may be scheduled during the season for games, appearances, dance clinics, special events and playoffs.
- Available for personal appearances for:
- Media interviews
- Photo shoots
- Dance clinics
- Team bonding camp
What is the Golden State Warriors Dance Team audition process?
Auditions for the 2019-2020 Golden State Warriors Dance Team is a multi-step process. The process includes the following but is not limited to:
- Application submission
- Preliminary audition
- Boot camp
- Final audition
- WDT training camp
- Monday, July 8th: Final day to pre-register for auditions. At this time the application, resume, and head shot (5x7 or larger) must be submitted to the Warriors' office at 1011 Broadway, Oakland, CA, 94607. Walk-ins day of auditions will also be accepted.
- Saturday, July 13th: Preliminary auditions. Two-cuts will be made at the prelims. Candidates will learn a jazz and hip hop dance combination that will be performed in front of a panel of judges. At the end of the audition a group of finalists will be selected and continue to the finals.
- Finalist mandatory dates: Finalists selected on July 13th must be available from July 14-18 to attend the interview, boot camp and final auditions.
- July 14 - Interviews will be conducted from 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- July 15- Bootcamp will be conducted from 7:30 p.m.- 10:30 p.m.
- July 16 - Bootcamp will be conducted from 8:30 p.m.- 10:30 p.m.
- July 18 - Final Dance Eliminations will occur from 6 p.m.- 10 p.m.
- Training Assessment Camp - The selected final candidates will participate in a training camp beginning on August 1st with the final selection of the 2019-20 Warriors Dance Team members on August 15, 2019. Training camp rehearsal times will be on Monday’s (7:30-10:30pm), Wednesday’s (7:30-10:30pm) and Thursday’s (8:30-11:00pm)
Where will the preliminary auditions on July 13, 2019 be conducted?
Rakuten Performance Center
Oakland, CA, 94607
*Auditions are closed to the public
What should I wear to auditions?
- Two piece dance attire
- Non-marking shoes (Jazz, dance sneakers, athletic shoes)
- Bring ballroom dance heels or character shoes to finals
- Cover all visible tattoos
- Minimal jewelry
What should I bring to prelims?
- Application (Download), 5x7 head shot (non-returnable)
- Water and snacks
- Hair and make-up supplies
What can I do to prepare for auditions?
Warriors Dance Team prep classes are not mandatory but recommended as an excellent way to hone your dance skills and learn what it takes to be a GSW Dance Team member! Each workshop costs $30.00. Space is limited.
The 120-minute session includes:
- Warriors Dance Team choreography style
- Audition advice and tips
- Q&A with Warriors Dance Team Director Sabrina Ellison
- Attire: workout/dance attire and non-marking shoes
Prep Class Parking Options:
- Renaissance Valet Parking: $5/hour
- Street Parking on Jones St.
- BART Parking at the Pleasant Hill Station off Treat Blvd across the street from Renaissance Club Sport Walnut Creek
For more information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com