BMW ENTER TO WIN
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. Individuals who participate in the Contest or submit an entry are sometimes referred to herein as an “Entrant.”
1. SPONSOR: Western Region Retail Marketing Group, Inc (“Sponsor”).
2. CONTEST PERIOD: Contest begins at 12:00 AM Pacific Time (PT) on February 1, 2018 and ends at 11:59 PM PT on February 28, 2018 (the "Contest Period").
3. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open only to individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years of age on the entry date, are legal residents of California who do not reside within seventy-five (75) miles of Sacramento, CA (unless residing closer to Oakland, CA than Sacramento, CA) or within seventy-five (75) miles of Los Angeles, CA (the “Contest Area”). Employees, agents, officers, directors, members, managers, and owners of Sponsor, BMW of North America LLC, BMW dealers within the geographic region of Sponsor, Golden State Warriors, LLC, the National Basketball Association and its member teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, owners, members, directors, managers, officers, employees and their advertising agencies, promotional partners and prize providers associated with this Contest (collectively, the “Contest Entities” and each a “Contest Entity”), and their immediate families (spouse, domestic partner, parents, legal guardians, grandparents, grandchildren, siblings, children and “step” of each) and those individuals living in their same household are not eligible to enter or win.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants must complete and submit an entry form either (i) on www.warriors.com/gogreen (the “Website”) or (ii) at Sponsor’s booth at Oracle Arena in Oakland, California (the “Booth”) during a Golden State Warriors regular season game in February 2018. During the Contest Period, visit the Website or the Booth and follow the promotion entry instructions to complete and submit the entry form. Limit one (1) entry per person. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of all Entrants. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered on the date the entry is submitted. The odds of winning depend upon the number of entries.
5. WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION: Two (2) Entrants that properly complete all necessary steps, will be chosen by Sponsor or its designee as a potential ticket Prize winner (“Potential Ticket Prize Winner”). Potential Ticket Prize Winners will be selected on March 2, 2018. The Potential Ticket Prize Winners will be contacted by email and phone (“Prize Notification”) on March 5, 2018 and must redeem Prize within forty-eight (48) hours of such notification.
To be confirmed the Ticket Prize winner (“Ticket Prize Winner”), Potential Ticket Prize Winner will be required to sign and return within ten (10) days of notification attempt by Sponsor, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release, including the Potential Ticket Prize Winner’s full name and street address (no P.O. Boxes) within the Contest Area, or the Ticket Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Potential Ticket Prize Winner may be selected by Sponsor (and in such case this process will be repeated).
6. PRIZES: Each Ticket Prize Winner will receive the following (each, a “Prize”):
Two (2) tickets and one (1) parking pass to the Warriors v. San Antonio game on March 8, 2018;
- Dinner in the BMW Club at the Arena; and
- Use of a BMW i8 for one (1) week.
Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $610.00.
In addition, each Ticket Prize Winner will have an opportunity to, during a timeout or halftime of such game, participate in an on-court contest whereby the winner of such on-court contest will have the opportunity to attempt to make one (1) shot from half-court. If such Ticket Prize Winner makes the shot, he/she will win a BMW i3 (the “Grand Prize”).
Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $47,450.00
7. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: No portion of the Prize or Grand Prize may be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted, except by Sponsor (in its sole discretion), which reserves the right to substitute any portion of the Prize or Grand Prize with a Prize or Grand Prize of equal or greater value for any reason, including, without limitation, Prize or Grand Prize unavailability. All expenses not specifically identified as included in the Prize or Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize or Grand Prize Winner. The Prize or Grand Prize, and all elements thereof, are subject to availability. The Prize or Grand Prize are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Acceptance, participation in and/or use of the Prize or Grand Prize are at Prize or Grand Prize Winner’s sole risk and Sponsor is not responsible for any damages whatsoever including special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of the Prize or Grand Prize.
Prize and Grand Prize Winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees and other expenses associated with his/her Prize or Grand Prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly included in the Prize or Grand Prize description. Prize and Grand Prize Winner shall be required to provide a tax identification number and award of the prize is contingent upon the provision of a tax identification number. The Prize or Grand Prize Winner may be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the Prize or Grand Prize. Failure to take or complete any portion of the Prize or Grand Prize does not relieve the Prize or Grand Prize Winner of his/her tax obligations associated with winning the Prize or Grand Prize.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. All Entrants agree to follow the Official Rules and release, discharge, hold harmless and indemnify the Contest Entities, GSW Sports LLC, Golden State Warriors, LLC, Anschutz Entertainment Group, Inc., AEG Management Oakland, LLC, the City of Oakland, the County of Alameda, the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority and all of their respective members, managers, equity holders, officers, directors, parents, subsidiaries, partners, agents, employees, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any Prize or Grand Prize or participation in any promotional-related activity or participation in this Contest. In consideration for being awarded a Prize or Grand Prize, or any portion thereof, each Prize or Grand Prize Winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of Prize or Grand Prize Winner’s name and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by Contest Entities, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Contest without prior notification, and the right to make changes or additions to these Official Rules for any reason at any time. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. PRIZE OR GRAND PRIZE WINNERS AND ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE MANAGERS, EQUITY HOLDERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OR GRAND PRIZE, ANY PORTION THEREOF OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST.
By entering this Contest, the Entrant agrees to the following Statement:
I expressly understand that Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California provides substantially as follows: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM, MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH DEBTOR." The provisions of this Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California and any similar law of any state, territory, or other jurisdiction are hereby expressly waived.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Contest Entities are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, destroyed, and/or lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable or incomplete entries due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions and/or entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, or for any problems or technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or entries not received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on computer networks, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest or downloading any material for the Contest, or other telecommunications malfunctions which may limit an entrant's ability to participate. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Contest or winning the Prize or Grand Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor representatives. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then Sponsor reserves its right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event will the RELEASED PARTIES be responsible or otherwise liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages related to the CONTEST, including any access to or use of the website or any downloading from or printing material from the website. Everything on the website is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. Winners agree that all PrizeS or Grand Prizes are provided “as is” without any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, whether now known or hereinafter enacted, relative to the use or enjoyment of the Prize or Grand Prize, including, without limitation, its quality, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, or re-routing resulting from any acts of any government or authority.
12. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Contest, each Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any Prize or Grand Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate state or federal court located in San Francisco, California; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards on behalf of Entrant shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, if any, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees, and in no event to exceed two hundred fifty dollars ($250); and (iii) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (iv) this Contest and any dispute arising under or related thereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California without giving effect to its conflicts of law or choice of law principles or rules that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
13. WINNER'S LIST/RULES: For a copy of the of the Official Rules visit www.warriors.com or send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “BMW Enter to Win” Official Rules, c/o Golden State Warriors, LLC, 1011 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
To find out who won, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Warriors “BMW Enter to Win” Contest Winners, c/o Golden State Warriors, LLC, 1011 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607. Requests must be received no later than three (3) months following the end of the Contest Period. Only one (1) request for either Official Rules of Contest Winners will be fulfilled for each separately mailed outer envelope.
© 2018 BMW of North America LLC. All rights reserved.
The BMW name, Roundel and model names are registered trademarks of BMW AG.