A celebration of all things Pride, our annual Pride Night presented by Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey is on Friday, Jan. 12 when we play the Portland Trail Blazers. The game will feature festive in-game entertainment and special recognition of local organizations uplifting and supporting our LGBTQIA+ community.
What’s Happening At Pride Night
- Chef Spotlight: Sweet Troo Vi
- Rebekkah Brunson (She/Her) and her wife Bobbi are the founders behind the vegan cookie company, Sweet Troo Vi. Their signature cookie creations are available throughout the season at Fhima's Test Kitchen (Section 126), including The Duchess cookie, mixed with walnuts, chocolate chunks, caramel and stuffed with Biscoff cookie butter, and The S'more Love cookie, mixed with vegan marshmallows, chocolate chunks and a graham cracker base.
- National Anthem: Ovation Mixed Chorus
- Ovation Mixed Chorus is the a cappella ensemble for One Voice Mixed Chorus which is not only local, but is one the nation’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and straight allies (LGBTA) chorus.
- Halftime Performance: Twin Cities Gay Men’s Chorus
- Twin Cities Gay Men’s Chorus is a volunteer community chorus, working towards the elimination of homophobia and intolerance through community outreach.
- Guest DJ: DJ Chico Chi
- Our guest DJ for the night will be DJ Chico Chi! DJ Chico Chi (he/they) is a is a queer and non-binary transmasc dj, producer and creative based in MN and SoCal.
- Pride Merchandise: Timberwolves x Blackbird Revolt
- Fans will have the opportunity to purchase the limited edition Pride t-shirt designed by Terresa Moses (she/her) of Blackbird Revolt available exclusively in arena at the Timberwolves Team Store, a Fanatics Experience.
Through the Timberwolves’ Pack Gives Back Ticket Program, 500 tickets will be distributed to the following local LGBTQIA+ organizations working to support and embrace our LGBTQIA+ community. We are honored to host and learn from our community partners and encourage fans to learn more about the important work each of these local organizations are doing.
The Minnesota Fastbreak Foundation will highlight Twin Cities Pride as one of their Starting Five Grantees and present them with a $15,000 donation at halftime.
Twin Cities Pride empowers every LGBTQIA+ person to live as their true self.
The PFund Foundation builds equity with LGBTQIA+ communities across the upper Midwest by providing grants and scholarships, developing leaders, and inspiring giving.
The QueerSpace Collective creates space for LGBTQIA+ youth to feel safe and empowered to be their true selves.
OutFront Minnesota's mission is to build power within Minnesota’s 2SLGBTQIA+ communities and address inequities through intersectional organizing, advocacy, education, and direct support services. They envision a safe and equitable world where all members of our communities are free to lead lives of opportunity, autonomy, and full self-expression.
Transforming Families’ mission is to create a better world for transgender youth and their families. They reach their mission through their monthly support meetings located across the metro in Saint Paul, Minneapolis, Eagan, & Mahtomedi.