Wolves Shake-Up Ticket Prices

Glen Taylor Press Conference

In response to the current economic conditions facing all Minnesotans, Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor today introduced the team's new 2009-10 season ticket campaign that includes a sweeping range of programs that address fans' needs. One of the centerpieces of the campaign is the new "No-Risk Pledge," which eliminates the risk of the uncertain economy for Wolves season ticket holders by guaranteeing a refund of their unused tickets should they lose their jobs in 2009.

Along with the "No-Risk Pledge," the Timberwolves announced a rollback of ticket prices for next season – 95% of season tickets lowering in price (through July 1) and the remaining 5% staying flat – through the team's new ticket sales campaign dubbed "One Team." Also, the Timberwolves have introduced a new nine-month, no interest, no additional fees payment plan for season ticket purchases.

"The economy right now is uncertain and we've listened to our fans' concerns and responded by providing reduced ticket pricing, new payment plan options and protection against job loss - all of which are important to Minnesotans right now," said Taylor. "I don't want these uncertain times to deter our fans from coming out to Target Center and enjoying NBA basketball.

"We are in a rebuilding process with the team, but in January our fans had the opportunity to see firsthand the potential we think this team has. We believe strongly in our core group of players led by Al Jefferson, Randy Foye and Kevin Love, and also believe the future is extremely bright. As an NBA owner, I believe in the value that a franchise brings to the community, and I don't want these economic times to stand in the way of providing a home-court advantage for our team and our players."

For the third consecutive season, the Timberwolves will feature an "Early Bird" pricing program (starting today through July 1) that provides the best season ticket pricing for a limited time. Through the Wolves' "Early Bird" campaign, lower-level season ticket prices start as low as $15, and upper level seats start at only $5.

The Timberwolves have also introduced new Loge Box seating in the four corners of the arena next to the tunnels at each end of the court. The Loge Boxes provide fans spacious table seating in ideal locations complete with stats monitors, complimentary food and beverages and free parking.

The Timberwolves will continue to provide one of the most comprehensive season ticket holder rewards programs in all of sports with the team's MVP Renewal Rewards Program that was introduced last year. This program allows season ticket holders to redeem points they've earned for unique one-of-a-kind Wolves items and experiences. Fans renewing their current season tickets will be entered into prize drawings starting on March 9, in which a new prize will be awarded each Wolves game day until the end of the season.

"I really think that our 'No-Risk Pledge,' along with our reduction in ticket prices, $5 season tickets and our great service team, provides the best entertainment value in the Twin Cities and one of the best in the country," Taylor added. "I'm very proud that we are able to meet our fans' needs by providing affordable family entertainment."

Also included in the "One Team" ticket sales campaign is the team's "Blueprint for the Future," detailing the organization's plans, goals and strategies for moving forward. This communication piece has been included in the Wolves' renewal efforts the past two seasons. The "One Team" Ticket Sales Campaign will focus on both the renewal of current season tickets as well as new ticket sales. Current season ticket holders will receive "One Team" renewal collateral later this week. The campaign will include a television ad buy featuring owner Glen Taylor talking directly to Wolves fans. Additionally, elements of the campaign will be highlighted through Timberwolves television and radio broadcasts, in-arena elements, team publications and online at timberwolves.com.

You do not have the correct version of the Flash Player Plugin. Click here to get it.


  • Facebook
  • Twitter