Timberwolves 2015-16 Regular Season Schedule
Timberwolves Set to Tip Off 2015-16 Season on Oct. 28 at Los Angeles Lakers on ESPN; Home Opener Nov. 2 vs. Portland
Minneapolis/St. Paul – The Minnesota Timberwolves will tip off their 27th regular season in the NBA as they travel to Los Angeles to take on the Lakers on Wednesday, Oct. 28 on ESPN, the first of 12 nationally-televised games this season. This season is the second consecutive season the Wolves have opened on the road after opening the previous 13 seasons at home. The Wolves home opener is Monday, Nov. 2 at 7:00 p.m., against the Portland Trail Blazers. Ticket packages are available by calling 612-673-1234 or visiting www.timberwolves.com. Beginning Monday, August 17th, individual game tickets will be available for resale from Wolves season ticket members through Flash Seats, the new official and exclusive secondary marketplace of the Minnesota Timberwolves & Lynx. For more information on Flash Seats, go to timberwolves.flashseats.com.
The Wolves will enjoy two four-game homestands with the first occurring from Dec. 1-9, highlighted by a visit from Chris Paul and the Los Angeles Clippers (Dec. 7). The second four-game homestand from Jan. 6-12 features visits from LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers (Jan. 8) and Kevin Durant and the Oklahoma City Thunder (Jan. 12). Other notable home games include Nov. 12 and March 21 vs. Stephen Curry and the defending NBA champion Golden State Warriors, visits from Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs on Dec. 23 and March 8, and a Feb. 6 appearance at Target Center by Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls. The Wolves vs. Lakers matchup on Dec. 9 will feature 2015 No. 1 pick Karl-Anthony Towns vs. No. 2 selection D’Angelo Russell.
The Wolves will play 12 nationally-televised games this season, including one on TNT and four on ESPN: Oct. 28 at Los Angeles Lakers on ESPN, Nov. 12 vs. Golden State on TNT, Jan. 8 vs. Cleveland on ESPN, Jan. 15 at Oklahoma City on ESPN and Feb. 3 at Los Angeles Clippers on ESPN. NBA TV games include: Dec. 15 vs. Denver, Jan. 19 at New Orleans, Jan. 25 at Cleveland, Jan. 31 at Portland, Feb. 2 at L.A. Lakers, Feb. 28 at Dallas and March 8 vs. San Antonio.
Minnesota’s 2015-16 local television broadcast schedule will be released at a later date. Following are key facts regarding the Wolves' 2015-16 regular-season schedule.
Key Facts About the Timberwolves 2015-16 Schedule
- By month, the schedule breaks down as follows: October/November (8 home, 9 away = 17 total, December (9 home, 7 away = 16 total), January (8 home, 8 away = 16 total), February (5 home, 6 away = 11 total), March (8 home, 7 away = 15 total), April (3 home, 4 away = 7 total).
- By day, the schedule breaks down as follows: Monday (8 home, 7 away = 15 total), Tuesday (5 home, 4 away = 9 total), Wednesday (11 home, 8 away = 19 total), Thursday (2 home, 2 away = 4 total), Friday (3 home, 12 away = 15 total), Saturday (8 home, 3 away = 11 total), Sunday (4 home, 5 away = 9 total).
- The Wolves enjoy two four-game homestands: Dec. 1-9 (ORL, POR, LAC, LAL) and Jan. 6-12 (DEN, CLE, DAL, OKC). Minnesota's home schedule also includes three three-game homestands: Nov. 20-25 (DET, PHI, ATL), Feb. 6-10 (CHI, NO, TOR) and Mar. 26-30 (UTA, PHO, LAC).
- Minnesota has two four-game road trips: Jan. 29-Feb. 3 (UTA, POR, LAL, LAC) and Mar. 11-16 (OKC, PHO, MEM, HOU). The road schedule also includes two three-game road trips: Feb. 24-28 (TOR, NO, DAL) and Apr. 5-9 (GS, SAC, POR).
- Minnesota will play on national television 12 times this season: Seven times on NBA TV (Dec. 15 vs. Denver, Jan. 19 at New Orleans, Jan. 25 at Cleveland, Jan. 31 at Portland, Feb. 2 at L.A. Lakers, Feb. 28 at Dallas and Mar. 8 vs. San Antonio), three times on ESPN (Oct. 28 at L.A. Lakers, Jan. 8 vs. Cleveland, Jan. 15 at Oklahoma City and Feb. 3 at L.A. Clippers) and once on TNT (Nov. 12 vs. Golden State).
- The Wolves will play 14 back-to-backs: five away-away, five away-home and four home-away Last year the Wolves had 19 back-to-back sets.
- The Wolves will open their regular-season slate on the road against the Los Angeles Lakers on Wednesday, Oct. 28, the second consecutive year the Wolves have opened a season away from Target Center. Minnesota has opened at home 14 consecutive seasons from 2000 to 2013. The Wolves are 15-11 in season openers, including 3-7 in season openers on the road.
- The Wolves will play 52 games against Western Conference and 30 games versus Eastern Conference opponents.
- Minnesota will play each Western Conference opponent four times (two home, two away), with the exception of Houston (one home, two away), L.A. Lakers (one home, two away), San Antonio (two home, one away), and Golden State (two home, one away). The Wolves will face off against each Eastern Conference team twice (one home, one away).
Timberwolves 2015-16 Opponent Breakdown
Denver (H: 12/15, 1/6; A: 10/30, 12/11); Oklahoma City (H: 1/12, 1/27; A: 1/15, 3/11); Portland (H: 11/2, 12/5; A: 1/31, 4/9); Utah: (H: 12/30, 3/26; A: 1/29, 4/1).
Golden State (H: 11/12, 3/21; A: 4/5); L.A. Clippers (H: 12/7, 3/30; A: 11/29, 2/3); L.A. Lakers (H: 12/9; A: 10/28, 2/2); Phoenix (H: 1/17, 3/28; A: 12/13, 3/14); Sacramento (H: 12/18, 3/23; A: 11/27, 4/7).
Dallas (H: 1/10, 4/3; A: 1/20, 2/28); Houston (H: 4/11; A: 1/13, 3/18); Memphis (H: 11/15, 1/23; A: 2/19, 3/16); New Orleans (H: 2/8, 4/13; A: 1/19, 2/27); San Antonio (H: 12/23, 3/8; A: 12/28).
Boston (H: 2/22; A: 12/21); Brooklyn (H: 3/5; A: 12/20); New York (H: 2/20; A: 12/16); Philadelphia (H: 11/23; A: 1/4); Toronto (H: 2/10; A: 2/24).
Chicago (H: 2/6; A: 11/7); Cleveland (H: 1/8; A: 1/25); Detroit (H: 11/20 A: 12/31); Indiana (H: 12/26; A: 11/13); Milwaukee (H: 1/2; A: 3/4).
Atlanta (H: 11/25; A: 11/9); Charlotte (H: 11/10; A: 3/7); Miami (H: 11/5; A: 11/17); Orlando (H: 12/1; A: 11/18); Washington (H: 3/2; A: 3/25).
DOWNLOAD SCHEDULE: Add to calendar