David Sherman/NBAE/Getty Images
Member Update - Target Center Security Policy
Target Center creates a safe and secure environment for guests and employees. The venue security personnel reserve the right to determine the method of security checks as deemed necessary including the use of metal detectors, the search of jackets, clothing and other items.
- Common Jewelry
- Credentialed "Helper" Animals
- Diaper Bags
- Foods or Juices necessary for medical reasons (Orange juice, candy bars etc.)
- Makeup or Beauty Products
- Milk or Baby Formula for infants
- Mobile Phones
- Personal identification
- Small Digital Cameras
- Apparel with Explicit Pictures
- Apparel with Explicit Wording
- Audio Recording Devices
- Cameras with Detachable Lenses**
- Computers or Laptops
- Duffle Bags
- Electronic devices larger than a cell phone******
- Full Facial Coverings
- Glass or Metal Beverage Containers
- Illegal Drugs
- Knitting Needles
- Laser Pointers
- Outside Food or Beverage
- Signs on Sticks
- Spiked or Studded Jewelry
- Video Cameras
- Weapons of any kind - including items that may cause injury if thrown or used improperly*
*Target Center’s definition of “Weapons” includes but is not limited to the following; knives or blades of any length, metal nail files, chains longer than 6 inches not made of precious metals (i.e. platinum, gold or sterling silver), firearms (authentic or replicated, including toys), clubs or extendable batons, any type of chemical irritant spray, stun guns or tasers, spiked or studded jewelry, brass knuckles or any other item that could likely be used as a weapon or may cause injury if thrown or used improperly. The only exception to this section of the policy is for credentialed law enforcement officers who are on duty or under the employ of Target Center at the time of entry. Said officers must be in uniform or identify themselves to door security staff and be cleared by uniformed Minneapolis Police on site prior to entry.
**This may vary depending on requirements of individual shows. Cameras are allowed at all Timberwolves and Lynx basketball games.
******Please note that iPads and other small tablets (e.g. Kindles) are allowed for designated sporting events including Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx games.