Minnesota Timberwolves x Vikings Vegas Vacay Sweepstakes | Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA OR OUTSIDE OF A ONE HUNDRED FIFTY (150) MILE RADIUS OF THE TARGET CENTER IN MINNEAPOLIS, MN AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Minnesota Timberwolves and Minnesota Vikings Vegas Vacay Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) will run on or about November 9, 2023, through November 29, 2023 (the “Promotion Period”). Eligible Entries will be received only during the Promotion Period.
- How to Enter. To enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period, eligible individuals are asked to: (i) visit http://www.timberwolves.com/ist and (ii) fill out the entry form in its entirety (“Eligible Entries”). By entering this Sweepstakes, each individual warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide by these Official Rules and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the Sweepstakes (each individual entering this Sweepstakes in accordance with these Official Rules hereinafter referred to as “Entrant”).
- Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who, as of the time/date of entry, are legal residents of the United States (excluding U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and U.S. military bases outside the U.S.) within the state of Minnesota or whom reside within a 150-mile radius of the Target Center in Minneapolis, MN, and are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The selected potential winner may be required to provide proof of age and/or legal U.S. residency to determine eligibility and as a condition of prize award. Employees of the Minnesota Timberwolves or Lynx (“Timberwolves” or “Sponsor”), and the Minnesota Vikings, and the NBA, WNBA, NFL and its member teams, NBA Properties, Inc. and affiliated employees, along with their family members, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and their advertising, Sweepstakes and production agencies (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter.
- No Purchase or Payment Necessary. Limit of one (1) entry per person during the Promotion Period. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing that you have read and agree to abide by these Official Rules and that you or not prohibited from participating in the Sweepstakes. Registration is free and no purchase or payment is necessary to participate. All entries must be received by the end of the Promotion Period. Proof of entry submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, misdirected, late, incomplete, illegible or unintelligible entries or for inaccurate entry information, whether caused by an Entrant or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, or by any technical or human errors that may occur in the processing of entries. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late, misdirected, deceptive, duplicate, mechanically reproduced or automated entries or entries that otherwise are not in compliance with the Official Rules are not permitted and will be deemed void in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Entries containing inappropriate material or language, including profanity, are disqualified. All entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entry, it will be deemed submitted by the registered account holder of the email address associated with the entry for the domain associated with the submitted address provided that person is eligible. Registered account holder is defined as the person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
- Winner Selection and Additional Terms: The potential winner will be chosen at random and contacted via the details provided in the winner’s entry by a Timberwolves staff member on or about November 29, 2023. The provision of the prizes being offered are subject to all of the terms and conditions set forth on the tickets, including, without limitation, compliance with the Minnesota Timberwolves/NBA Fan Code of Conduct found at http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/fans/nba_fan_code_conduct.html. Vikings game tickets are awarded pursuant to a revocable, nontransferable license that is personal to the winner and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated, or otherwise conveyed (except to a surviving spouse). A violation of these restrictions shall revoke winner’s license and may result in that portion of the prize not being honored. Any and all federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and/or use of prizes not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the winner’s responsibility. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place, or if any prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities. If, for any reason Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sweepstakes Entities, which, in their sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes.
- Selection; Odds of Winning; Notification. The winner(s) randomly selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winners will be notified via the details provided in their entry. The potential winners, as well as any companion as detailed below, may be required to execute and return a) a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility; b) a Liability Release; c) a Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law); or d) any other forms as provided and requested. All requested forms must be returned by the date and/or time indicated. If the potential winners cannot be contacted with five (5) business days of the first attempt to contact, or if any potential winner fails to return the forms required within the specified time, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if any potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then that potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
- Prize(s). There will be two (2) winners randomly selected from all Eligible Entries on or about November 29, 2023, as follows:
- One (1) winner randomly selected will be our Grand Prize winner and will receive, subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, a 3-night trip for two (the winner plus one (1) travel companion) including the following: (i) Roundtrip commercial airfare for two (2) individuals from MSP International Airport in Minneapolis, MN to Las Vegas, NV; (ii) one (1) standard double-occupancy hotel room accommodation in Las Vegas, NV for three (3) nights; (iii) two (2) tickets to the NBA IST Finals game on December 7, 2023; and (iv) two (2) tickets to the Vikings vs Raiders game on December 9, 2023. Travel and hotel arrangements are to be determined and arranged by the Sponsors in their sole discretion. Trips must be taken on dates and times designated by the Sponsor or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. The Grand Prize winner and their selected companion must travel together on the same itinerary and companion must be 18 years of age or older unless a child or legal ward of the Grand Prize winner. Certain travel restrictions may apply and all seat locations for game tickets awarded, as well as airfare, will be determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion.
- One (1) winner randomly selected will be our runner up winner and will receive, subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, the following: (i) one inaugural IST game ball.
- The approximate retail value of the grand prize is $8,500 dollars. The approximate value of the first-place prize is $250. The overall prize value of all prizes is eight thousand seven hundred fifty ($8,750) dollars and odds of winning depend on the number of Eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period.
- The prizes and all components must be accepted as awarded and are awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation, or guarantee of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Prize winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state, local taxes and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes they receive, regardless of whether they, in whole or in part, are used. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen prizes or any prize that is undeliverable or does not reach a winner because of an incorrect or changed address, email address, or any other contact information. If a winner does not accept or use the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited, and the Sweepstakes Entities will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize. No more than the stated prizes will be awarded. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for, and winner will not receive the difference, if any, between the actual value of the prizes at the time of award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules. No substitution, assignment, refund or transfer of a prize is permitted, except by Sweepstakes Entities, who reserve the right to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of greater or equal value, including cash, if a prize is not available for any reason as determined by a Sweepstakes Entity in its sole discretion. The ARV of the prizes is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The winners may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number before the prizes are awarded for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the names of the winners.
- Administration: By entering, the Entrant agrees to follow the Official Rules and hold harmless and indemnify the Sweepstakes Entities. and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officer, employees, and agents against liability, damages or causes of action (however names or described), with respect to or arising out of either (1) Entrants’ participation; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the promotion. The Sweepstakes Entities expressly reserve the right to amend, suspend or terminate this Sweepstakes at any time without prior notice or consent. Administration of this Sweepstakes is at the sole discretion of the Sponsors and the NBA. Any questions relating to eligibility, these Official Rules or any other questions concerning this Sweepstakes will be resolved at the sole discretion of the Sponsors and the NBA and their decisions will be final and binding with respect thereto. ILLEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK ALL LEGAL AND EQUITABLE REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITED BY LAW. THE MINNESOTA COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THESE COURTS. Except where prohibited by law, any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action. Under no circumstances will an Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Publicity: Subject to applicable law, winners irrevocably grant the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their licensees, and their successors, assigns and sub-licenses the right and permission to use their name, voice, likeness and/or biographical material for advertising, promotional and/or publicity purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), and on and in connection with related products, services, advertising and promotional materials (now known or hereafter developed), worldwide, in perpetuity, without any obligation, notice or consideration, except for the awarding of the prizes to the winners. Additionally, except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent for the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officer, employees, and agents to record, film, videotape and photograph the winners (“Images”). These Images will be owned by the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities and each of their designees shall have the right to use, re-use, reproduce, publish, display, exhibit, distribute edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, address, voice, conversation, biographical and prize information and any other attributes of winner, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, promotion or on a winner’s list or any other lawful purpose, whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without any obligation, notice or consideration, except for the awarding of the prizes to the winners.
- Limitation of Liability: BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY ANDALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (D) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Social Media Disclosure. Although this Sweepstakes may be advertised on the Facebook pages, Twitter accounts, Instagram accounts, YouTube channel or other social media platforms of the Sponsor, this Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube or other social media platforms. Entrants are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube or other social media platforms. The information an Entrant provides will only be used by the Sponsor and its agents. By entering, Entrants provide a complete release of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube from any and all responsibilities implied or provided by the Sponsor and that this Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube.
- Sponsor(s): This Sweepstakes is sponsored by the Minnesota Timberwolves Basketball LLP, a Minnesota limited liability partnership, located at: 600 Hennepin Ave, Suite 300, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (“Sponsor’s Address”). For the names of the winner(s) or an additional copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope request to Minnesota Timberwolves Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s Address.