The Minnesota Timberwolves & Lynx will host their second annual Black History Month essay contest beginning Friday, January 12th.
The contest, which will run until Friday, February 2nd, will be judged by a panel including Timberwolves Guard Jamal Crawford and Lynx Forward Rebekkah Brunson.
First Round Submission Deadline: Friday, February 2nd | Finalists Notified: Wednesday, February 7th
ESSAY TOPIC:Who inspires you? Tell us about a leader in American black history that inspires you to be a leader today.
ESSAY CONTEST DETAILS
- Essays should be between 500-750 words.
- Two (2) divisions – Middle school (6th-8th) and High school (9th-12th)
- Top three (3) submissions from each division will move on to the final round where a grand prize winner will be selected from each division.
- Essays should be submitted as an attachment and sent to email@example.com no later than
Friday, February 2nd at 11:59PM.
- Student's first and last name
- School name
- Current grade
- Teacher's name
- Guardian's name
- Guardian's email
- Guardian's mailing address
- A panel of judges will review the essays and narrow them down to the top three (3) submissions from each division. Those students will advance to the final round and be asked to create a video submission to accompany their essay which will be judged by Jamal Crawford and Rebekkah Brunson.
- All documents should include:
FINAL ROUND DETAILS
- Topic: Tell us how your selected leader has inspired you to make an impact in your community.
- Videos should be 60-90 seconds.
The winning essay writers will receive:
- Four (4) 100-level to the Timberwolves game on Saturday, February 24th, a pregame bench sit, and on-court recognition.
- Lynx tickets for a to be determined 2018 game for their entire classroom (max 50 tickets) with a postgame meet & greet with Lynx Forward Rebekkah Brunson.
2nd and 3rd Place: Four (4) 200-level tickets to the Timberwolves game on Saturday, February 24th and Timberwolves & Lynx Gift Bag with signed Jamal Crawford and Rebekkah Brunson photos.