SATURDAY, JULY 21
Saturday, July 21
Check -in begins at 12:00 p.m. You MUST pre-register on-line (form below) prior to audition day. On-line payment of $30 required at time of registration.
Walk-up registrations WILL NOT be accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS
Auditions begin at 12:30 p.m.
Chesapeake Energy Corporation Campus Fitness Center
Garage parking available, follow signage
6100 N. Western Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
The July 21 audition is NOT open to the public for viewing.
What do we look for in a Thunder Girl?
- Technical, talented dancer and performer
- Ability to pick up dance choreography quickly
- Strong teamwork skills
- A professional and well-spoken ambassador for the Thunder organiation
- Consistent, positive attitude
- Energetic and hard-working
- Physically fit and uphold personal appearance
- Must be at least 18 years old by July 26, 2018. No exceptions.
What should I bring to the audition?
- Water and snacks
- Hair supplies, makeup supplies and a towel
What should I wear to auditions?
- Two-piece attire (half top with briefs, dance shorts or dance skirt)
- Skin-colored nylons or tights
- Non-marking shoes (jazz shoes, dance sneakers, athletic shoes)
- Hair must be worn down; full hair and makeup
- Tattoos must be completely covered with makeup or clothing
- Stud earrings only; no other jewelry is allowed except for engagement/wedding rings
What is the Thunder Girls full audition process?
- Saturday, July 21: Preliminary auditions. You will learn a pom combination, a hip-hop combination, a jazz dance combination and you will demonstrate across the floor techniques that will each be performed in front of a panel of judges. At the end of this audition, a group of finalists will be selected to continue to the finals. There may or may not be cuts before the Finalists are selected.
- Finalist mandatory dates: Finalists selected on July 21 must be available from July 22-28. No exceptions. Throughout Finals Week you will: learn choreography, attend a team workout, get fitted for cocktail attire, go through a business interview, video and photo shoot, attend dress rehearsal, and compete in a live Final audition on stage.
What should I do to prepare for auditions?
- Thunder Girls prep classes are not mandatory, but they are highly recommended as an excellent way to touch up on your dance skills and learn what it takes to be a Thunder Girl!
Thursday, July 26
Program begins at 7 p.m.
Riverwind Casino - Showplace Theater
1544 West State Highway 9
Norman, OK 73072
Open to the public - free admission
What is the commitment requirement for a Thunder Girl?
- Mandatory HR new hire paperwork and training (July 27)
- Mandatory team uniform fitting (July 28)
- Mandatory team training camp (Date TBD)
- Attend workout and rehearsals Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings for three hours each; additional rehearsals may be scheduled when needed
- Attend and perform at a majority of Thunder home games
- Attend and perform at a Oklahoma City Blue game (at least one)
- Photo/video shoots; media needs
- Uphold fitness requirements and personal appearance
- Attend at least 20 public appearances
- Participate in hosting two Junior Dance Clinics
- Media interviews
Registration closes Friday, July 20th at 10 P.M. No exceptions.
BOOK THE THUNDER GIRLS
Thank you for your interest in booking the Thunder Girls for an appearance! Please fill out the information in the form located here with as much detail as you can provide to assist us in fulfilling your request.
Please submit your request at least three weeks in advance of your event.