Job Posting - Director, Social Media
The Oklahoma City Thunder has built a social media following of nearly 20 million worldwide and has consistently been in the upper rankings of the NBA in followers and engagement. Now we are looking for a creative, upbeat, collaborative social media specialist with a passion for leading a team and managing creative content and storytelling. Does this sound like you? Bring your talent to the Thunder to help us continue to build on a strong social media foundation and guide this department with creativity and energy!
As the director of social media, you will be responsible for the daily leadership of this department and will as act as a guide for social media strategy, execution and analytics throughout all areas of the business. You will attend Thunder home games and community events and work diligently to lead all aspects of content creation, posting, messaging, scheduling and analysis. You will work as a business partner with teammates in different departments.
In this role you will:
- Oversee and ensure the success and growth of the Thunder’s social media across platforms including the accounts associated with the team’s mascot, dance team, G League team, Spanish language and Community Relations and other accounts
- Supervise and provide constructive leadership for two full-time social media coordinators, leading department meetings, delegating tasks, setting deadlines, managing workflow, and providing support and development
- Provide analytical research and proof of performance reports for senior management.
- Assist with annual budget preparation and business planning and ensure that the department operates within budget throughout the year
- Work cross-functionally with various departments to communicate, organize and execute strategies
- Liaise with the NBA, providing information about our social media approach and analytics
- Help identify new opportunities to maximize the Thunder brand to create effective, measurable outreach programs when it comes to social media
- Maintain good attendance and and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Passion for social media and broad knowledge of platforms, trends, tools vital to develop and execute a successful corporate social media strategy
- A detailed knowledge of social media analytics
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience including at least 4-5 years of professional experience in digital marketing and social media
- NBA or professional sports experience is beneficial but not a requirement
- At least 3 years’ experience supervising full-time employees
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is a plus
- Outstanding leadership and motivational skills and proven ability to lead by example
- Strong organizational, time management and critical thinking skills
- Able to hone processes and balance multiple projects and deadlines with strong attention to detail
- Budget guardianship experience
- Demonstrated capability to achieve goals through effectively working with multiple departments and teams
- Adaptable with the ability to change and juggle opposing demands in a multifaceted work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and exemplary brand ambassador skills
- Good judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Highly proficient working with all social media platforms, including analytics and monitoring
- Highly proficient in computer applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, Photoshop and other video editing and graphics tools
A valid driver’s license and sound driving record are required as local and regional travel will be required, occasionally including overnight trips. Primary work location will be the Chesapeake Energy Arena in downtown Oklahoma City, but out-of-office appointments and travel are expected as you engage with the community. Work schedule will include regular office hours as well as evenings, weekends and holidays for game nights and events. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Vice President, Broadcasting and Corporate Communications.
We offer a positive office culture and a robust benefits package including excellent medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, 401k with matching funds, paid downtown parking, tuition reimbursement, gym membership subsidy and much more!
We invite you to apply here.
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.