Job Posting - Account Executive, Group Sales
Do you have extraordinary social skills, enjoy making connections, and are motivated to succeed? We are looking for a standout colleague to join our group sales team! As an Account Executive, you will work with professionals dedicated to building meaningful connections with our fans and help create an exciting in-arena atmosphere by connecting with fans and filling the arenas for Oklahoma City Thunder and Oklahoma City Blue home games. Your focus will be creating and selling group experiences and building loyalty to earn repeat client business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell Oklahoma City Thunder and Oklahoma City Blue tickets with an emphasis on group experiences
- Collaborate with team members from other departments to coordinate and implement the details of group night events
- Perform group sales responsibilities at all home games including entertaining clients, fulfilling group obligations, pursuing new business opportunities, and answering client questions at the Thunder Sales Booth and around the arena
- Attend team and community events to engage with current and potential clients to improve sales opportunities
- Generate new business through cold calling, off-site appointments, networking opportunities and other Thunder & Blue related events
- Establish relationships to encourage repeat business and provide excellent guest service
- Recognize future sales opportunities and use creativity to generate business and support team goals
- Proactively build opportunities for new business with existing clients
- Meet pre-determined individual and departmental sales and activity goals
- Document sales calls, appointments and sales transactions using CRM software
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2-4 years of selling experience in professional sports strongly preferred
- Proven track record in sales and building quality relationships
- Capable of tackling multiple projects, assignments and group events with outstanding results
- Ability to work optimally with time constraints and collaborate with others to accomplish goals
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, confidence speaking and presenting in front of groups
- Generate original and imaginative solutions to business objectives & opportunities
- Maintain and reflect a positive attitude, working well in a team environment
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is a plus
- Must be able to maintain a work schedule that includes regular office hours as well as evenings, weekends and holidays as required by the game and event schedules
- Driver’s license, transportation and clean driving record required as some travel to events will be necessary
- Primary work location will be the Thunder corporate office located in the Chesapeake Energy Arena in downtown Oklahoma City
This is a full time, non-exempt position reporting to the Manager, Group and Season Ticket Sales.
You will enjoy a generous benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with matching funds, employee ticket options, subsidized gym membership, on-site yoga, tuition reimbursement, paid downtown parking and more.
We invite you to apply online here.
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.