The OU Thunder Scholarship application will open for submissions on December 1. Five winners will be selected throughout the Thunder’s regular season. season. Each will be awarded a Thunder prize pack and a $1000 scholarship to OU. Deadline to submit scholarship applications is April 30, 2021.
1. HERE’S HOW IT WORKS: Entrants must be Oklahoma state residents and high school seniors who will graduate during the 2020-2021 academic year. Entrants must apply for acceptance to the University of Oklahoma as a first-time freshman in the fall of 2021 as a full-time student. Entrants must be able to attend a select Oklahoma City Thunder home game to be eligible. Scholarship applications will be accepted beginning 9:00am CST on 12/01/2020, but applications cannot be accepted after 11:30pm CST on 4/30/21. Entries can be made through the following method: Between 12/01/2020 and 04/30/21 apply online at https://www.nba.com/thunder/community/scholarship. Additionally, entrant must apply to the University of Oklahoma. Five (5) total winners will be selected based on OU/Thunder Scholarship Application and University of Oklahoma Application for Admission and supporting documents. Entrants may qualify via the aforementioned method of entry.
2. PRIZES: The OU/Thunder Scholarship Committee will select five (5) scholarship recipients. Each recipient will receive two (2) Oklahoma City Thunder tickets and a $1,000 scholarship to The University of Oklahoma.
3. PRIZE REDEMPTION: Scholarship recipients will be notified via phone and/or email on by dates that will be based on the 2020-21 Thunder schedule once announced. The $1000 scholarship will be provided to the recipient who must be a full-time enrolled student at OU during the first week of classes in the Fall 2021 semester.
4. ELIGIBILITY: No purchase necessary. Promotion open only to legal state of Oklahoma residents who are graduating high school seniors. Entrants must apply for acceptance to the University of Oklahoma as a first-time freshman in the fall of 2021. Entrants must enroll as a full-time student at the University of Oklahoma to receive scholarship. All future students who will attend the University of Oklahoma on any athletic scholarship are not eligible to win. All current and future students who will attend the University of Oklahoma on any athletic scholarship are not eligible to win. In addition, all male basketball players who have played or are currently playing high school basketball or in any other competitive basketball program are not eligible to win. Entrants must be able to attend the set Thunder game to be eligible. Employees, officers and directors of the Oklahoma City Thunder, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., its Teams an Operators, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of sweepstakes materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or member of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies, their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are NOT ELIGIBLE. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of Scholarship Recipient. Scholarship may only be entered in, or from, the state of Oklahoma. Entries originating from any other jurisdiction will be deemed ineligible.
5. GENERAL RULES: By entering, entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify The University of Oklahoma, the Oklahoma City Thunder, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., its Teams and Operators, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors, employees and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of (i) entrant’s participation in the promotion, or (ii) the receipt or use of the Prize awarded herein. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission to use Recipient’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade by The University of Oklahoma, the Oklahoma City Thunder, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., the Women’s National Basketball Association and its Teams and Operators, WNBA Enterprises, LLC, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates directors, officers, governors, employees and agents, without further authorization, compensation, or remuneration, unless prohibited by law. By entering in the scholarship, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors. Sponsors not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the scholarship or in the announcement of Prize.
6. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the Winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope with first-class postage affixed to: Attn: OU/Thunder Scholarship, to Jordan Horn. Requests must be received by 5/31/2021. 208 Thunder Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73102.