Think you’re a Hotshot?
Show us your on-court shooting skills by recording your score for the 2019-20 NBA Thunder Hot Shot Challenge! This is your chance to qualify as one of the top-40 semifinalists, who will battle it out at the OKC Blue vs. Sioux Falls Skyforce game on Dec. 29. The top-four contestants will play a final round at Chesapeake Energy Arena on Jan. 9 on-court during the Thunder vs. Rockets game. The winner and a guest will receive an all-expense paid trip to the 2020 NBA All-Star!
Start recording your score today by downloading the Home Court app and completing the one-minute shooting challenge. All you need is access to a basketball goal and an iPhone. You can record up to 10 scores per day!
Participants must be over the age of 13 and not currently members of any high school, college, university or professional basketball team.PLAY NOW
Unable to play from home? Join us at one of our local shootout locations to take your shot and record your official Hotshot score!
Titan Sports and Performance Center
Dec. 9 // 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
101 E. 81st Street South
Tulsa, OK 74132
*last participant will be checked in at 6:50 p.m.
Cole Community Center
Dec. 11 // 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
4400 Northwest Expy.
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
*last participant will be checked in at 7:50 p.m.
Using only one ball, you have 1 minute to score as many points as possible from 5 "hot spots" on the court. No help from rebounders allowed — entries breaking these rules will be disqualified. Contest ends January 09, 2020.
Shots made from various zones on the court, or "hot spots," are worth different point values. Choose from any zone to score as many points as you can in the time allotted.
- 3 points from the baseline (either side of the key)
- 4 points from the elbow (either side)
- 5 points at the top of the 3-point arc
You're allowed to attempt a maximum of two layups per game and each made layup is worth 2 points.
Making shots in all five zones gives you bonus points at the end of your gameplay. Combo bonus is worth 5pts each time you make shots from all five hot spots.
- Top performers in the US or Ontario may be invited to participate in an in-person semi-final event hosted by the local NBA team.
- At the conclusion of the contest, including team-hosted qualifiers and semi-final events, one contestant from each team market and the NBA league challenge will be designated as Finalists and receive a 3-night trip for two to compete during NBA All-Star 2020, consisting of round-trip coach air transportation from a major airport nearest to the winner’s residence in the U.S. or Canada (or ground transportation where applicable), hotel accommodations, and two tickets to select NBA All-Star 2020 events which have an approximate value of $3,000USD. The league Finalist will be the top eligible performer from the NBA challenge (as determined by the NBA) while team Finalists will be determined by the NBA Entities and may not be the top performer of the team challenge on HomeCourt.
- Contest must be performed on a standard 10ft basketball hoop.
- Contest can be performed on any court type HomeCourt supports (High School, College, FIBA, or NBA).
- You can participate in this contest as many times as you want, but are limited to 10 attempts per day. Participants’ best performance will qualify that player for their local leaderboard.
- If multiple users have the same score, a higher leaderboard rank will be given to the player with the highest number of makes from the highest value “hot spot” (i.e., most total makes from the 5-point spot, 4-point spot and so forth).
- Contest attempts will be visible to all HomeCourt users.
- NEX Team Inc. reserves the right to post all entries of the contest (including any names, voices, likenesses and performance embodied therein) on other media or platforms for promotional, publicity, or similar purposes.
- Winner selection—(a) Winner will be selected within 72 hours of the end of the Contest Period. (b) NEX Team Inc. reserves the right to verify that each winner has followed all the rules above to determine the validity of the HomeCourt Contest entry. (c) NEX Team Inc. reserves the right to post the winning entries of the contest on other media or platforms for promotional, publicity, or similar purposes.
- Refer to the Official Rules for the full terms and rules governing the contest.
- How To Enter—Follow the Rules above to submit an entry.