Black Heritage Creative Contest Presented by Sprite
WHO INSPIRES YOU?
Students of all ages and backgrounds are invited to complete an entry form and submit an original creative piece* that features inspiring individuals in black history or your personal life. Some examples might include Jackie Robinson, Maya Angelou or an African-American who has made an impact on your life.
*Drawing, painting, essay, photograph, sculpture, poem, animation, illustration or other artistic piece of your choice.
FIVE WINNERS WILL RECEIVE
THUNDER AUTOGRAPHED ITEM
FOUR TICKETS TO A THUNDER HOME GAME
THEIR ENTRY SHOWCASED IN-ARENA
THREE WAYS TO ENTER
Entrants can submit an entry form and upload an image of their creative piece online at okcthunder.com/blackheritage-form. All entries must be uploaded by February 11, 2018. Limit one (1) entry per person.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE ENTRY FORM (PDF)
Entrants can drop off their entry form and creative piece at the OKC Thunder Corporate Office located at 208 Thunder Dr., Oklahoma City, OK 73102 to the attention of Debbie Williams, OKC Thunder Community Relations. All entries must be received by February 11, 2018. Limit one (1) entry per person.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE ENTRY FORM (PDF)
Entrants can mail their entry form and creative piece to: OKC Thunder Black Heritage Creative Contest; Attn: Debbie Williams; OKC Thunder Community Relations, 208 Thunder Dr., Oklahoma City, OK 73102. All entries must be postmarked by February 11, 2018 and received by February 16, 2018. Limit one (1) entry per person.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The OKC Thunder Black Heritage Creative Contest, Presented by Sprite (the “Contest”) is open only to residents of the state of Oklahoma who, as of January 1, 2018, are students in grades K – 12 and are currently enrolled in an accredited public, private or parochial school in Oklahoma. Void outside Oklahoma and where prohibited by law. Employees of Oklahoma City Thunder (“Sponsor”) and its “Promotional Participants” (i.e., The Coca-Cola Company, Coca-Cola Bottlers, The Professional Basketball Club, LLC (owners of the Oklahoma City Thunder), the National Basketball Association (the “NBA”) and the NBA member teams, NBA Properties Inc. (collectively (the “NBA Entities”) and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers involved in this Contest) and their immediate family members (mother, father, sister, brother, husband, wife, daughter, son, step-father, step-mother, step-daughter, step-son, step‑brother, step-sister, half-brother, half-sister and spouses of each) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate.
2. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in this Contest, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER: The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on January 1, 2018, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on February 11, 2018. Eligible persons may enter the Contest by printing and then filling out an Official Entry Form which is available at www.okcthunder.com/blackheritage. Entry Forms must include the name and signature of entrant’s parent or legal guardian (if entrant is deemed a minor in Oklahoma). Entrants must also include with their entry form, one (1) creative piece, (together an “Entry”) describing/depicting an inspiring individual in black history or an outstanding African-American in their life, and how they have been personally influenced by him/her. Individual entries only, no team entries permitted.
There are three ways to enter:
Online: Entrants can submit an entry form and upload an image of their creative piece online at okcthunder.com/blackheritage-form. All entries must be uploaded by February 11, 2018. Limit one (1) entry per person.
Drop off: Entrants can drop off their entry form and creative piece at the OKC Thunder Corporate Office located at 208 Thunder Dr., Oklahoma City, OK 73102 to the attention of Debbie Williams, OKC Thunder Community Relations. All entries must be received by February 11, 2018. Limit one (1) entry per person.
Mail in: Entrants can mail their entry form and creative piece to: OKC Thunder Black Heritage Creative Contest; Attn: Debbie Williams; OKC Thunder Community Relations, 208 Thunder Dr., Oklahoma City, OK 73102. All entries must be postmarked by February 11, 2018 and received by February 16, 2018. Limit one (1) entry per person.
Once an Entry is submitted, entrants may not resubmit with edits. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant with these Official Rules. Entries must not include profanities and must not depict Sponsor’s image unfavorably. Entries must not infringe any third-party rights, and must be suitable for publication. Entries must not defame or invade publicity rights or the privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe on any person’s personal or proprietary rights. Entrants may be required to sign an affidavit certifying that their Entry is their own original work, that they hold all rights to the Entry, and that the Entry has not been previously reproduced or published and has not won a previous prize or award in any other contest.
The overall top twenty-five (25) entries received, as determined by a panel of judges, using the judging criteria, will be displayed on the concourse at the Chesapeake Energy Arena during a Sponsor-specified Oklahoma City Thunder 2018 home game.
4. JUDGING: All eligible entries will be judged by an independent panel of judges, determined by Sponsor, from among all eligible entries received by the Sponsor. There will be five separate age groups defined as follows: Kindergarten and First grades; Second and Third grades; Fourth and Fifth grades; Sixth, Seventh and Eighth grades and Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh and Twelfth grades. All eligible entries will be judged based on the following criteria and percentages: Relevance to Topic (describing/depicting an inspiring individual in black history or an outstanding African-American in their life, and how they have been personally influenced by him/her) - 34%; Creativity - 33%; and Quality of Entry - 33%. A panel of judges will determine the highest scoring entries on or about February 19, 2018. Five (5) entrants (one per grade group) with the highest scoring entries will be deemed the Winners. In the event of a tie, the entrant with the highest score in “Relevance to Topic” will be declared the Winner. If a tie remains thereafter, the entrant with the highest combined score in “Relevance to Topic” and “Creativity” will be declared the Winner. The decisions of the Judges regarding the determination of the Winners are final and binding, and the decisions of Sponsor, including as to eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest (except the determination of the Winners).
5. PRIZES & APPROX. RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Five (one per age group) Grand Prizes will be awarded. The Grand Prize Winners will receive a Thunder Prize Pack which includes: a $500 Visa Gift Card, four (4) tickets to the Thunder home game on 2/26/18 at Chesapeake Energy Arena; recognition at center court in the arena prior to or during the game; one (1) 2018 Thunder Black Heritage Creative Contest award plaque; one (1) Sponsor-specified autographed Thunder item; a Sponsor-specified Sprite/Thunder Prize Pack and display of the winning Entry, to the extent possible, online at www.okcthunder.com. ARV of each prize: $844. Transportation/parking is not included. Seat location at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Tickets are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash and are subject to all terms and conditions of use as established by issuer. Sponsor is not responsible if game is delayed, postponed, or canceled after ticketing of prize for any reason, in whole or in part. If game is delayed, postponed or canceled for any reason including, but not limited to, regular season games canceled by the NBA and the National Basketball Players Association, Winner will not be reimbursed for tickets, but tickets may be subject to standard rain check policies and procedures established by the issuer. There is no monetary value associated with autograph. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as the prize. The Winner’s parent/legal guardian (if entrant is deemed a minor in Oklahoma) is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes) associated with winning the prize. The prize is non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemptions or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value at its sole discretion.
6. NOTIFICATION: The potential Winner’s parent/legal guardian (if entrant is deemed a minor in Oklahoma) will be notified by telephone, U.S. Mail, email (if provided) or overnight courier by Sponsor. Each of the potential Winners or their parent/legal guardian (if entrant is deemed a minor in Oklahoma) will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release form at the game. The Winner’s parent/legal guardian (if Winner is deemed a minor in Oklahoma) must accompany Winner to the game.
7. WAIVER OF LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Contest and submitting an Entry, all entrants or their parent/legal guardian (if entrant is deemed a minor in Oklahoma) agree to (i) be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements and (ii) waive any and all claims against Sponsor, Coca-Cola Bottlers, The Coca-Cola Company, The Professional Basketball Club, LLC, the NBA Entities and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Contest, and all of their respective equity holders, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) for any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Contest or from the receipt or use of a Grand Prize or activity related to the receipt or use of the Grand Prize or infringement of any third party rights which may be caused by entrant’s Entry or modification or use of an Entry. By acceptance of the Grand Prize, each Winner’s parent/legal guardian (if entrant is deemed a minor in Oklahoma) grants to Sponsor, Coca-Cola Bottlers, The Coca-Cola Company, The Professional Basketball Club, LLC, the NBA Entities and their respective designees the right to publicize such Winner’s first name, last initial, city and state of residence and/or likeness in any medium now or hereafter devised worldwide and in perpetuity, without limitation and without additional compensation or consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, each Winner or parent/legal guardian (if entrant is deemed a minor in Oklahoma) shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Entry and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto, including, without limitation, the rights to use the Entry for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Each Winner or parent/legal guardian (if entrant is deemed a minor in Oklahoma) accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Entry and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Entry. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent that Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Each Winner or parent/legal guardian (if entrant is deemed a minor in Oklahoma) consents to any use that Sponsor and its Promotional Participants may make of the winning Entry.
8. GENERAL RULES: Sponsor reserves the right to modify, adapt or reproduce the Entry in full, at its discretion. All materials submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. No mechanically reproduced entries permitted. Released parties are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, postage due, mutilated, misdirected, stolen, garbled, incomplete, inaccurate or illegible entries. Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or the announcement of any Grand Prize or in the administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor. Sponsor shall have the sole right to disqualify any entrant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Contest, and to resolve all disputes in its sole discretion. The Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the Grand Prize, and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest should unauthorized human intervention or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may elect to identify Winners and award the Grand Prizes from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such cancellations based upon the criteria above.
9. DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for Oklahoma City, Oklahoma or the appropriate Oklahoma State Court; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering any Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Oklahoma, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Oklahoma or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Oklahoma.
10. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the Winners, available after March 15, 2018, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to OKC Thunder Black Heritage Creative Contest Winners List; Attn: Debbie Williams, OKC Thunder Community Relations; 208 Thunder Dr., Oklahoma City, OK 73102.
11. SPONSOR: Oklahoma City Thunder, 208 Thunder Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73102.
The OKC Thunder Black Heritage Creative Contest, Presented by Sprite is open only to OK residents who, as of January 1, 2018 are students in grades K – 12 and are currently enrolled in an accredited public, private or parochial school in OK, (with parental permission). Official Rules and how to enter are available at www.okcthunder.com/blackheritage. Limit 1 entry per person. SPONSOR: Oklahoma City Thunder, Oklahoma City, OK.