“Valley Chatz Sweepstakes” Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the “Valley Chatz Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (as defined below), which are FINAL AND BINDING in all respects. RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Arizona, who at the time of participation, are eighteen (18) years of age or older, and, who have a valid email address (the "Entrant"). All directors, officers, volunteers and employees of Suns Legacy Partners, LLC d/b/a the Phoenix Suns (“Sponsor”), the National Basketball Association and its Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., (collectively, the "NBA") Sports & Entertainment Services, LLC, Phoenix Arena Development Limited Partnership d/b/a Talking Stick Resort Arena (the "Arena"), and each of their respective companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees, agents, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses), and those living in the same household as each, are not eligible to participate in or win any prize in the Sweepstakes.
3. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period (as defined below).
4. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes will begin on Sunday, May 2, 2020 at 12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time ("PST") and end on Sunday, May 10, 2020 at 11:59 PM PST (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer system shall be the official timekeeper of this Sweepstakes.
6. PRIZE(S): The winner of the Sweepstakes (the "Winner") will receive an autographed 2019-2020 Phoenix Suns Autographed Team Basketball and Suns Swag Bag ("Prize"). Approximate Retail Value of the Prize is $375.00.
The Prize is non-assignable and nontransferable. No cash equivalent of the Prize will be awarded and the Prize is not exchangeable or otherwise transferable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize in whole or in part with other prizes of comparable or greater value if the intended prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion, sweepstakes or offer.
7. WINNER(S) SELECTION: Sponsor will conduct one (1) random drawing on or about Monday, May 11, 2020 from all the eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Entrants need not be present to win. All potential winners are subject to eligibility verification by Sponsor. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF NOTIFIED OF BEING A WINNER, UNLESS AND UNTIL THE ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED.
8. WINNER(S) VERIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by email or by telephone and will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility/liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release (collectively, the “Winner’s Agreement”) within twenty-four (24) hours of date of issuance. In the event: (a) such potential winner declines the Prize in writing, (b) the Winner’s Agreement or tax-related documents are not returned within the time period stated above, (c) Prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (d) the Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period, or a potential winner is not otherwise in compliance with these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, Sponsor may select an alternate winner from all remaining eligible entries. There will be three (3) alternate drawings for the Prize after which, the Prize will remain un-awarded. Limit one (1) prize per person/per authorized account holder/per household. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) which is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. In the event of a dispute as to any email entry submitted, email entries submitted will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. Proof of being the authorized account holder may be required.
9. TAXES AND EXPENSES: Winner is responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with the Prize acceptance or use not specified herein as being provided. Winner will be required to sign an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form W-9 with the winner’s full social security number or the equivalent. Failure to submit a Form W-9 upon request will result in forfeiture of the Prize. Winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
10. CONDITION/USE RIGHTS: Except where prohibited by law, by accepting any prize, each Entrant and Entrant’s parent or legal guardian consents to Suns Legacy Partners, LLC, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., Phoenix Arena Development Limited Partnership, Sports and Entertainment Services, LLC, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, owners, members, governors, officers, sponsors, employees and agents right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter known, the winner’s name, address, voice, statement, picture or other likeness, without additional compensation (other than the specific prize described herein), for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes as may be determined by Sponsor. The right to receive any prize is non-assignable and non-transferable, and no prize substitution, exchange, cash, or cash equivalent will be allowed, in each case, except as permitted by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize in whole or in part with another prize of comparable or greater value if the intended prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
11. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: As a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless all directors, officers, volunteers and employees of Sponsor, the National Basketball Association and its Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., Sports & Entertainment Services, LLC d/b/a Talking Stick Resort Arena, Phoenix Arena Development Limited Partnership, the City of Phoenix and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees, agents, advertising and promotion agencies (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes, or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received entries; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, or travel to any Sweepstakes-related events; and (g) any claims based on publicity rights, copyright/trademark infringement, intellectual property rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, or merchandise delivery. Entrant further agrees to release the Released Parties and their designees and assigns from any liability whatsoever, and to waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, or use of any prize (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, claims, costs, personal injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Sponsor is not responsible if Prize cannot be awarded as the result of delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. CANCELLATION/SUSPENSION: If the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of Entrants, technical failures or any other causes which in the opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes. If Sponsor decides to reconvene the Sweepstakes after a suspension, the determination of the Prize winner(s) will be made, from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the suspension, as Sponsor determines at its sole discretion.
13. DISQUALIFICATION: Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the exclusive right to disqualify any individual from the Sweepstakes that it finds, in its sole discretion, to have tampered with the entry process, or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting, or be, in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unreasonable, non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or interfere in any manner with any aspect or portion of this Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, copied, or like entry methods, shall void all such entries by any such methods, and shall disqualify any Entrant using such methods from the current Sweepstakes and any future promotions. CAUTION: Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of state and/or federal criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to cooperate in the prosecution of any such individual(s) and to pursue all remedies to the fullest extent permitted by law.
14. DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, Entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and or causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, or the administration of the Sweepstakes, or the determination of the winner(s), shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action lawsuit, and exclusively by arbitration, to take place in Maricopa County, Phoenix, Arizona pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but SHALL NOT include attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will an Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and the Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Arizona, excluding Arizona’s conflicts of law doctrine.
15. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, send a request and self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by May 11, 2020 to: Phoenix Suns, “Valley Chatz Sweepstakes” promotion, c/o Gerry Mildenberger, 201 E. Jefferson St., Phoenix, AZ 85004.
17. MISCELLANEOUS: By entering this Sweepstakes you agree and acknowledge that you may be contacted in the future by the Suns Legacy Partners, LLC., the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., Phoenix Arena Development Limited Partnership, Sports and Entertainment Services, LLC, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, owners, members, governors, officers, sponsors, employees and agents, and your name and any other personal information you have provided will automatically be added to the “In The Post” and “Downtown Live” databases, from which you will receive emails containing news and Sweepstake information at the email address which you have provided.
18. SPONSORED AND ADMINISTERED BY: Suns Legacy Partners, LLC d/b/a the Phoenix Suns, 201 East Jefferson Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85004.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.