SAN ANTONIO (May 8, 2023) – Spurs Sports Academy is celebrating its 50th anniversary of Spurs Summer Basketball Camps and inviting youth athletes to register for camps in San Antonio and Austin. Presented by Gatorade, this fun and competitive basketball learning experience is ideal for kids who want to learn the basics of basketball or are looking to improve their skills. Registration is now open at spurssportsacademy.com/summercamps.
The camps are open to children ages 6 to 18 and will help athletes hone their basketball skills while experiencing daily Spurs values and character development conversations. This is a foundation of the Spurs Sports & Entertainment organization’s goal to build leaders and legacies in the community.
Select Spurs Summer Basketball Camps include special guest appearances with a Spurs player, Spurs assistant coach, former player or Coyote. As a part of registration, each camper will receive a commemorative Spurs Camp Team Memory Mate – an 8x10 photo of the athlete with a Spurs championship trophy and Spurs camp team.
Spurs Summer Basketball Camps offers six options:
- Coyote Camp introduces the game of basketball in a competitive, fun environment for beginner level boys and girls, ages 6-12
- Spurs Player Camp focuses on building a strong foundation for the game and basketball skill development for boys and girls, ages 6-13
- All Girls Camp is a positive environment where every girl can realize their full potential. This camp includes skills training and small sided games for young rising female basketball athletes, ages 9-18
- Skills Training Camp helps athletes develop top-notch skills in a competitive environment. Coaches will teach how great players think, practice and play through focused skill workouts, team games and daily leadership and character development training for campers, ages 7-18
- Spurs Skills Training Camp Feature Shoot 360is an immersive basketball experience that combines in-person skill development with digital gamification and virtual competition. Shoot 360 helps measure skills with proprietary technology and track progress on the Shoot 360 mobile app for campers, ages 9-14
- Spurs Overnight Camp provides the ultimate basketball camp experience, offering high-level competition and intense skill work for boy and girls, ages 10-18
For 50 years, the San Antonio Spurs have been committed to being a presence in nearby communities and the lives of surrounding youth. The Spurs Summer Basketball Camps started, and have continued, with a goal to develop young athletes while inspiring lifelong memories and character development through competition. Many campers have participated in the summer camps since they were in elementary school through their high school graduation, helping build lifelong Spurs basketball fans.