A New Hype is Here. You In?
The Silver and Black are currently seeking high-energy entertainers to hype up homecourt and beyond. We’re talking top-notch talent with a love for the team, a flair for the dramatic, and the personality to back it up. If you’re as skilled as you are social, we want you to show us what you’ve got.
- Experience in athletics, cheerleading, dancing, breaking, tricking and/or pep squad
- Comfortable engaging large crowds
- Outstanding communication skills
- Reliable, punctual, and courteous
- Ability to work at least 25 home games/team events and 10 community events
- Willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- At least 18 years of age
How can I stand out?
Along with an upbeat demeanor, judges will be looking for dynamic, well-rounded performers with both character and charisma. Simply put, people who’d shine as ambassadors of our team. Showcase your fit with this, and don’t worry—they’ll take notice.
July 21, 2018 at St. Anthony's High School Fencing Center
August 5, 2018 at UIW McDermott Convocation Center
**Applicants will receive additional information via email prior to their registered date.
The Hype Team registration link is currently unavailable. Unregistered applicants interested in auditioning on Sunday, August 5th please arrive at the Convocation Center on the University of the Incarnate Word’s campus between 9:00am and 10:00am where walk ups will be accepted. ($15 registration fee)
What do I wear?
- Applicants are asked to wear comfortable, athletic clothing and shoes.
What time do I show up?
- Applicants will be emailed a scheduled audition time the week of their audition date.
What is the structure of the audition?
- Applicants will be grouped with 4 other applicants and evaluated during three sessions: on-court activations, interviews and an optional showcase of talent/skills.
- The activation session will consist of various team scenarios such as promotional timeouts, fan interactions and crowd prompts.
- Applicants will participate in a group interview.
- Lastly, applicants will have the opportunity to showcase any special talents/ skills that make them a unique fit for this team, such as cheer, dancing, tumbling, stunting, free style, tricking, flipping, breaking, etc. Each applicant will have a maximum of 2 minutes during this session. This session is completely optional and will not hurt your chances of making the team.
What are the judges looking for?
- Teamwork, creativity, energy, Spurs fandom, personality, community involvement are just some of the elements the judges are evaluating.
Will a routine be taught? Do I need to have a routine prepared?
- These auditions will not consist of a choreographed routine nor will applicants be asked to prepare a routine. Applicants are welcome to perform a routine or set of skills if they chose to participate in the optional showcase of talent/skills session.
How will I know if I made the team?
- All applicants will be notified by phone and/or email a week after the second audition date. The judges’ decisions are final.
What are my time commitments if I make the team?
- Team members will be responsible for working a minimum of 25 Spurs home games and 10 community events as ambassadors of the San Antonio Spurs (includes nights, weekends and holidays).