Help us determine the three 2013 Summer Team Up Challenge Champions! Ten teams have already received $1000 to work on their projects. Each of the three champion teams will receive an additional $10,000 for their work and contribution to improving our community. The Summer Team Up Challenge is a youth led service-learning initiative that encourages kids to apply what they are learning in the classroom to the real world, bringing education alive in powerful ways.
ARC OF SAN ANTONIO
Walk and Rollers
- We are working with teens with disabilities to promote healthy lifestyles through exercise.
- Every day our teens wear pedometers to track how many steps they are taking. Some teens have walked over 10,000 steps in a single day! That is the equivalent to 3.8 miles (assuming a 2' stride)!!
- Every Tuesday our friends from Monarch Academy join us at the pool! The next couple of weeks we will be playing different pool games with them, having competitions, and ending the afternoon with a healthy snack. We also have an obstacle course and water balloon Olympics coming up.
- Our biggest event is coming up in August! We are inviting friends in the community to come out to Morgan's Wonderland for a Zumbathon. After the Zumba class we will hold a raffle and have prizes to highlight all the great fitness milestones our kids/teens have reached throughout the summer!
- If we win, we will use the money to build a walking track behind our building that we can walk, run, and roll on!