The 76ers signed Mac McClung to a two-way contract on Tuesday.
McClung, who turned 24 last month, continues to excel for the Sixers’ NBA G League affiliate the Delaware Blue Coats this season. In games played through Feb. 13, McClung led the team in scoring at 19.1 points per game and ranked in a tie for fourth in the G League in 3-point field goal percentage (.500, 39-for-78).
Learn more about McClung…
- McClung is a Gate City, Virginia native.
- The 6-2 McClung played collegiately at Georgetown and then Texas Tech, where he earned 2020-21 All-Big 12 Second Team honors.
- McClung appeared in two NBA games last season with the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers, respectively.
- He averaged 13.4 points and 4.8 assists across five NBA Summer League starts for the Golden State Warriors this past summer and also participated in their training camp and preseason.
- Last season with the South Bay Lakers, McClung was named NBA G League Rookie of the Year after averaging 21.7 points, 6.7 rebounds, and 7.7 assists per contest.
- In 18 regular season games with the Blue Coats this season, McClung holds averages of 19.1 points on 58-percent shooting from the field and 50-percent from 3-point range, along with 4.8 assists per game.
- McClung posted two 40-point games in Delaware – a career-high 44 points (13-21 fg, 4-8 3fg, 8-9 ft) on Nov. 18 against the Raptors 905 and 40 points (15-20 fg, 7-9 3fg, 3-4 ft) more recently on Jan. 16 versus Wisconsin.
- He scored 35 points (11-14 fg, 7-8 3fg, 4-5 ft) with nine assists this past Saturday (Feb. 11), also against the Wisconsin Herd, Milwaukee’s G League affiliate.
- At this year’s NBA All-Star Weekend in Salt Lake City, McClung was named to the Jordan Rising Stars Game, is expected to participate in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest on All-Star Saturday Night, and was also selected for the NBA G League Next Up Game on Sunday.
McClung will wear No. 9 for the 76ers.