Nightly Notables: Spurs 85, Sixers 90
• With the win tonight, the Spurs sweep the season series vs. the Sixers 2-0 and have won four straight over Philly for the first time since a six-game span from 2/28/98-11/25/00. San Antonio has won five straight after losing three of its previous five. The Sixers lost after defeating Toronto on 1/18 and haven’t won consecutive games since a season-high tying three-game span from 11/25-11/30.
• Philly scored 85 points tonight after averaging 104.7 ppg the three games prior. The Spurs are 14-0 when holding opponents below 90 points this season while the Sixers are 3-17 when scoring below 90. San Antonio is allowing 87.2 points over the past five games.
• The Sixers shot 7-of-11 from the line while the Spurs shot 19-of-26. Over the past 20 games, Philly is averaging just 14.9 FTA, down from 19.5 the first 21 games of the season. Over the past 20 games, Sixer opponents are shooting 359-of-460 (78.0% FTs) from the line while Philly is shooting 205-of-297 (69.0% FTs).
Philly shot 4-of-14 from 3-point range tonight and is averaging 5.3 3FGM on 31.9% shooting over the past seven games after averaging 7.9 3FGM on 38.3% shooting the 11 games prior.
• The Sixers had 16 turnovers and have committed 13+ turnovers in eight of the past nine games (14.7 tpg) after not having 13+ turnovers in more than two consecutive games from 11/14-1/1.
• Evan Turner had 18 points and 12 rebounds while adding 7 assists for his ninth double-double of the season. He had five double-doubles in 2011-12. Turner did not have more than 14 points in any of the previous eight games.
• Tim Duncan posted game-highs of 24 points and 17 rebounds along with 5 assists for his 20th double-double of the season. It is his second game with 24+ points, 17+ rebounds and 5+ assists this season (31, 18 and 6 at Denver on 12/18). Prior to that, the last time Duncan hit those numbers was on 12/30/07 vs. Memphis.
• Jrue Holiday had a game-high tying 8 assists but also committed 6 turnovers. Over the past 11 games, he has an assist-to-turnover ratio of 2.04 after having a 3.21 ratio his previous 17 games played. Holiday has committed 6+ turnovers 10 times this season.
• Spencer Hawes had 16 points tonight and has scored in double-digits in 15 of the past 21 games after doing so five times the first 20 games of the season. He also had 4 assists and 3 blocks tonight. Hawes is averaging 2.8 assists in the 10 games this month after averaging 1.3 apg the first 31 games of the season. He is averaging 1.80 bpg this month.
• Tony Parker had 20 points tonight. Over the past 14 games (Spurs 11-3 mark), he is averaging 21.5 points on 54.4% shooting.