Rockets Blood Drive
We are hosting the Annual Rockets Give Back - Commit for Life Blood Drive on Thursday, March 4, 7am – 2pm. Your donation is literally giving the “Gift of Life”. By donating, you help to save at least 3 lives.
All donors will receive a Rockets Hoodie courtesy of Memorial Hermann, the Official Healthcare Provider of the Houston Rockets.
- Date: Thursday, March 4, 2021
- Time: 7:00 AM - 2:00 PM CST
- Location: 1510 Polk Street Houston, TX 77002
- Parking: Free parking available on 3rd floor of the Tundra Garage.
- All blood donors are required to wear a face covering or mask.
- All blood donations are currently being tested for the COVID-19 antibody.
Where will it be held?
The blood drive will take place on the main concourse near Admin/Frost West Club.
How much time does it take?
45 min. to an hour - including, questionnaire, checking vital signs, etc. To save time, pre-register on-line. The actual donation takes 10-15 minutes.
How do I prepare?
Eat a good meal that includes iron-rich foods – like red meat; green, leafy vegetables; and iron-fortified cereals – and drink plenty of fluids one to two hours before donating blood.
Who can donate?
All potential donors must be at least 17 years old to donate, 16 with parental consent. Donors must weigh at least 110 pounds. 16 year old donors must weigh 122 pounds. Potential donors must be in general good health, without any cold or flu symptoms.
Who can donate?
A valid picture ID (Driver's license, State-issued ID card, Student identification card, Passport, Visa or green card)