• Notched career-highs in 3-pointers, steals and blocks on 2/12 at NYK.
• On Jan. 20-22, had multiple steals in back-to-back games for the first time in his career.
• Has played in 17 games as a reserve and started 48 games at forward this season.
• Recorded his first career double-double (17 pts/10 reb) on 1/17 at TOR.
• Put up career-highs in points (17), offensive rebounds (5) and rebounds (10) on 1/17 at TOR.
• Put up career highs in minutes, FG, ORB and REB on 1/6 vs. BOS after returning to the starting lineup.
Prior to 2019-20
Saw limited action in his rookie season (2018- 19) with the Lakers, appearing in two games...In addition to playing two with the Los Angeles Lakers, Bonga had several stints with their G-League affiliate, South Bay Lakers, appearing in 31 games (29 starts)...He averaged 11.9 points 6.2 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 1.2 steals and 1.1 blocks in 28.1 minutes of action...Made his NBA debut against the San Antonio Spurs on Dec. 7, 2018.
Received All-Tournament Team honors in 2017 at the Kaunas Adidas Next Generation Tournament where he averaged 14.5 points, 9.5 rebounds, 5.3 assists and 3.3 steals in four games... Participated in the Basketball Without Borders Global Camp in New Orleans in 2017... As an 18-year-old, in the FIBA World Cup qualifier in 2018, became the youngest member of the
German national team in 40 years...
Son of Baudoin Bonga and Ruth Kilua...His parents are originally from the Democratic Republic of the Congo...Has six siblings... Both of his brothers are professional athletes in Germany... Likes to host basketball camps back in Germany... Enjoys watching anime in his free time... His favorite sports team is Barcelona... If he was not in the NBA, he would want to be an actor...