NEW ORLEANS PELICANS 2021 ENTERTAINMENT TEAMS CASTING CALL
The New Orleans Pelicans are thrilled to announce auditions for their 2021 entertainment teams. We are casting multi-talented entertainers to help us create the #1 fan experience in the NBA. These highly visible cast members will participate in freestyle & choreographed performances, directly engage with our fans and assist with game day activations.
Our entertainment teams will engage and energize New Orleans Pelicans fans on game days and serve as aspirational ambassadors out in the community. On game day, cast members play a vital role in creating home court advantage. Throughout the year, they bring the spirit of the Pelicans to the greater New Orleans area through community engagement and corporate appearances.
We’re looking for originality and diversity as we cast these teams. Everyone 18 and older is welcome to apply.
Specific talents we’re seeking for the 2021 season:
All cast members must:
- Demonstrate a mastery of their talent(s), along with an extensive repertoire
- Be an engaging speaker with the natural ability to connect with fans of all ages and abilities
- Exude showmanship with a strong, memorable presence that pulls people in
- Be open minded with a willingness to learn new performance skills
- Have the athleticism and stamina required to execute the physical demands of the job
- Maintain a well-groomed appearance that aligns with the Pelicans brand
When you apply, you’ll need to provide the following information:
- Background on your education and work experience
- An overview of your performance-based talents
- Your experience with public performing and speaking
- Covid-19 vaccination status
Preliminary Audition attire & appearance:
- Individuals should dress in athletic apparel; ideally in Pelicans colors (blue, red, or gold).
- Suggested attire is as follows:
- Males: Joggers with tank top or t-shirt with sneakers, cheer shoes or dance shoes.
- Females: Leggings or joggers with tank top or t-shirt with sneakers, cheer shoes or dance shoes.
- Mini skirts, short-shorts and midriff-baring shirts are not acceptable audition attire.
- Please have “camera ready” hair, facial hair and makeup.
Other important information:
- Prospective cast members must be at least 18 years of age on or by the date of preliminary auditions. NO EXCEPTIONS. Proof of age is required with a valid photo ID.
- Prospective cast members must be available to attend all phases of the audition process and must be prepared to stay as long as necessary (no exceptions).
- Cast members who are ultimately selected for the entertainment teams must agree not to discuss or reveal their selection until directed to do so by the Pelicans organization.
- All cast members must successfully complete all pre-employment screenings. The Pelicans organization is a drug-free workplace. Drug test screenings will be conducted for finalists.
- All cast members must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as a condition of employment.
- All entertainment team performances and appearances are subject to NBA rules, as well as health & safety guidelines.
- The New Orleans Pelicans reserve the right to alter, change or discontinue entertainment teams at their sole discretion.
Online applications will close at 5pm CT on Monday, August 23rd.
AUGUST 23 | 5PM CT
Audition Application Deadline
AUGUST 23 | 9PM CT
Applicants will be notified if they have advanced to the virtual preliminary round. Those advancing will receive further direction via email.
Preliminary auditions begin. Virtual submissions are due back to the Pelicans by 8:00pm CT.
Applicants will be notified if they have advanced to the in-person final round. Those advancing will be emailed choreography to be learned prior to Finals.
Final auditions begin. Applicants will perform choreography as well as undergo interviews, headshots and drug tests.
2021 Pelicans Entertainment Team will be chosen. Applicants will be informed if they have been accepted as a 2021 cast member.