Ochsner Mardi Gras Fit Challenge
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win.
1. Eligibility: The Ochsner Mardi Gras Fit Challenge (hereafter, “Sweepstakes”) is open to individuals who, at the time of entry, are eighteen (18) years of age or older (nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and twenty-one (21) years of age or older in Mississippi) and who are legal residents of Louisiana, Mississippi, or the following counties of Alabama: Mobile, Baldwin, Washington, Choctaw, Marengo, Clarke, Wilcox, Monroe, Escambia, Conecuh, Butler, Lowndes, Dallas, Montgomery, Crenshaw, Covington, Geneva, Coffee, Pike, Bullock, Macon, Russell, Barbour, Dale, Henry, and Houston. Employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of New Orleans Pelicans NBA, LLC (hereafter, “Sponsor”), Ochsner; the NBA Entities (as defined below), and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, wholesalers, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising, and promotion agencies (hereafter collectively, “Released Parties”), and each such individual’s immediate family members (spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, grandchildren, siblings, and children, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win. The National Basketball Association (“NBA”) and its member teams, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA Media Ventures, LLC, (collectively the “NBA Entities”) are neither a sponsor nor affiliated with this Sweepstakes and are not responsible for the promotion, administration, or execution of this Sweepstakes. Void outside the aforementioned states and where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state, and local laws apply.
2. Promotion Period: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on 01/7/2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on 2/17/2019 (hereafter, “Promotion Period”). The Promotion Period will be divided into the following six (6) entry periods (each, an “Entry Period”):
|Entry Period||Start Date (12:00:00 a.m. CT)||End Date(11:59:59 p.m. CT)||Drawing Date (on or about)|
4. Winner Selection: For each Entry Period, one (1) First Prize potential winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries for a total of six (6) potential winners (one (1) per Entry Period). The potential winners will be selected on or about the dates indicated in the above chart located in Section 2 of these Official Rules. At the conclusion of the Promotion Period, one (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period. Each potential winner will be required to execute and return a Prize Claim Form, and any additional paperwork required by Sponsor, within two (2) days of the date of issuance of notification. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all respects. Non-compliance with the foregoing, with these Official Rules or return of prize notification as non-deliverable may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion and time permitting, awarding of prize to an alternate winner. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received for each Entry Period.
5. Six (6) First Prize Winners (One (1) per Entry Period) and One (1) Grand Prize Winner: Each First Prize winner will receive a package consisting of the following: (i) two (2) lower level tickets for winner and one (1) guest to attend an upcoming Pelicans home game determined by Sponsor (“Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $100); (ii) one (1) Nike Pelicans Mardi Gras jersey (ARV: $130); and (iii) one (1) month of Afterburn classes at Elmwood Ochsner Fitness Center (ARV: $160). Total ARV of each First Prize package: $390.
The Grand Prize winner will receive a package consisting of the following: (i) four (4) lower level tickets for winner and three (3) guests to attend the Pelicans home game currently scheduled on February 23, 2019 at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA (ARV: $200); (ii) one (1) Nike Pelicans Mardi Gras jersey autographed by Elfrid Payton (ARV: $250) (iii) a personal tour of the Ochsner Sports Performance Center for winner and three (3) guests (ARV: $200); and (iv) a one (1) year membership to the Ochsner Fitness Center (ARV: $1,000). ARV of Grand Prize: $1,650.
Total ARV of all prizes offered: $3990.
Winners will be responsible for any/all ground transportation to/from any game. In the event the game is postponed and rescheduled, tickets to the rescheduled game will be awarded. Released Parties are not responsible for any game delays, any cancellation of a game, and/or other difficulties occurring with the prize. Exact location of seats to be determined solely by Sponsor. Tickets are subject to terms and conditions specified thereon. Winner and guest(s) agree to comply with such terms and conditions as well as with all game and venue rules and regulations and, in accordance therewith, agree not to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with any intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at the game. Winner and guest will be escorted out of venue by Sponsor or its designated agent(s) for improper conduct and/or violation of federal, state, or local laws (including, but not limited to, the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs, unlawful drug paraphernalia, and alcohol), as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion and will forfeit the balance of his/her prize. Unused tickets cannot be refunded, exchanged, or applied towards tickets for any subsequent games. If unused, tickets cannot be returned, refunded, or exchanged for cash value or substitute tickets.
Afterburn portion of prize does not require an Ochsner Fitness Center membership and is only available at the Elmwood Ochsner Fitness Center location. Afterburn portion of prize is subject to space limitations and other restrictions. Please visit the Elmwood Ochsner Fitness Center for details. Ochsner Fitness Center membership and/or classes are subject to certain restrictions. Please visit the Ochsner Fitness Center for details.
Jerseys are not game worn. ARV of autographed items is subject to market fluctuations. The award of a prize does not indicate any endorsement, approval, or sponsorship of this Sweepstakes by Nike or any named individual.
All the costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of any prize not specified herein as being awarded, including, but not limited to, all federal, state, and local taxes, any/all ground transportation to/from any game, parking, meals, incidentals, and other miscellaneous expenses are winner’s sole responsibility. Other than the details of the prizes outlined above, Released Parties have no additional obligations or commitments to any winner in connection with this Sweepstakes. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. Miscellaneous: No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of prize (or portion thereof) is permitted except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute the prize (or applicable portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Entrants agree, by entering, that: i) Sponsor and its designees may use (unless prohibited by law), entrant’s name, city and state of residence, photograph, any recording (voice, film, or video), and/or likeness for advertising, trade, and/or any other purposes in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, permission, or notification; ii) Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check and entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s permission for Sponsor to conduct such background check, provided that, to the extent additional authorization is necessary under law, entrants shall authorize such check. Sponsor reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant based on the results of the background check or failure of the entrant to properly authorize such check; and iii) the Released Parties shall have no liability and will be held harmless by entrant for any claim, action, liability, loss, injury, or damage to entrant or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, personal injury or death to entrant or any other person or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize and any travel or travel-related activity thereto (including, but not limited to, attendance at any game) or participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, and/or terminate this Sweepstakes (or portion thereof) for any reason, including should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in the case of termination, at its discretion, select the winner at hand from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to the event that required such termination. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek any and all remedies available from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor will not retain any information related to steps, exercise, or caloric intake.
7. Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to the following: i) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and held at the AAA regional office nearest the Sponsor; ii) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement, and all proceedings at such arbitration; and iii) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Louisiana, USA, without regard to its conflict of laws principles.
9. Winner’s Name: For the names of the winners (available after March 1, 2019), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by March 31, 2019 to: Ochsner Mardi Gras Fit Challenge, c/o New Orleans Pelicans, 5800 Airline Drive, Metairie, LA 70003.
10. Sponsor and Administrator: New Orleans Pelicans NBA, LLC, 5800 Airline Drive, Metairie, LA 70003.