Layne Murdoch Jr./NBAE/Getty Images
Pelicans vs. Trail Blazers: Postgame Notes 12/20/14
- Portland out-scored New Orleans 32-17 in the opening quarter…The Blazers were .519 (14-27) from the floor, while holding the Pelicans to just .292 (7-24) from the floor.
- LeMarcus Aldridge scored 13 of his 27 points in the first quarter, connecting on 6-9 field goals in the frame.
- Ryan Anderson scored 14 of his 16 points in the second quarter, connecting on 5-6 (.833) field goals in the quarter.
- New Orleans connected on just 1-6 three point field goal attempts in the field half.
- New Orleans’ starting five was a combined 11-43 (.255) from the floor…The trio of Anthony Davis, Tyreke Evans and Jrue Holiday was 8-37 (.216) from the floor for a total of 19 points.
- Ryan Anderson and Austin Rivers combined for 37 points for New Orleans off the bench…Austin Rivers registered a season-high 21 points on 5-9 shooting, including 11-12 from the free throw line.
- Four of Portland’s five starters shot over .500 from the floor.
- The Trail Blazers scored 24 points off 17 Pelican turnovers.