Welcome back to the Smoothie King Center, Pelicans Fans!
We've worked closely with local & state officials, Ochsner Health and ASM Global to develop a comprehensive health and safety plan, which is outlined below. Please read this page in its entirety to ensure you're ready for game day.
Mobile Parking and Tickets
The Pelicans have shifted to 100% mobile tickets and parking passes. This will create a safer, contactless ticketing experience for our fans. It will also allow for increased flexibility and efficiency throughout the season as we adapt to updated conditions and guidelines. Your mobile tickets and/or parking passes can be downloaded to your phone, or transferred to your guests by logging into "Account Manager" via the Pelicans mobile app.
Parking passes must be presented on a mobile phone in order to gain entry to your designated parking area. You will need to present your ticket(s) on a mobile phone in order to gain entry to the arena. Please make sure your tickets are pulled up on your phone prior to entering the health-screening checkpoint. Each ticket can be displayed on an individual phone or all tickets in your group may be presented on one mobile phone. If you need assistance with your tickets upon arrival at the arena, please visit the Smoothie King Center Box Office.
Per the NBA mandate, face coverings will be mandatory for all fans and staff, and must be worn at all times (other than while actively eating or drinking). Failure to comply with the NBA mandate will result in ejection from the arena. Be a good teammate – because wearing a face covering not only helps to protect you, it helps protect other fans, our team and our staff.
PLEASE NOTE: Neck gaiters, bandanas, and masks with valves or vents are NOT PERMITTED.
Any bag, purse, or briefcase that is larger than 14" x 14" x 6" will not be allowed into the Smoothie King Center. This policy will be strictly enforced, and the Smoothie King Center is unable to store oversized or prohibited items. An exception will be made for declared medically necessary items, after proper inspection.
Beginning Friday, February 19th, additional safety measures will be added to our bag policy at the arena. Per NBA guidelines, all bags will be subject to the screening process through the X-ray machines. The use of X-ray machines will be a contactless step that takes the place of manual bag searches. There will be dedicated entry lines for bags and no bags at each entrance to assist with our entry process.
- Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Backpacks (of any size)
- Cinch bags
- Oversized luggage
Click here to view other prohibited items
Gate Openings & Entrance Times
Please take note of the designated entry gate listed on your mobile ticket. We encourage all guests to take advantage of early doors or their assigned entry time. Entry gates will open to all ticket holders 1 hour prior to tip-off.
Your ticketholder party will be seated together in a "pod" of adjacent seats. Your pod will be separated from other groups by approximately six (6) feet. Please do not sit in any seat other than the one you've been assigned in order to help us maintain pod integrity. Also, please remember to maintain social distancing and do not visit other guests in their seating pod.
Please maintain physical distancing at least 6 feet while on the Smoothie King Center property; including the parking lots, at the entry gates and as you move around the arena. When exiting your seats for concessions, restrooms or following the game, please wait for aisles to clear to avoid congestion.
To ensure a safe environment for fans, all team and arena personnel will follow the below protocols when interacting with fans:
- Must wear face masks, and exercise hand hygiene at all times.
- Attempt to maintain six feet distance from fans.
- Be courteous at all times and strive to keep conversations short.
- Do not physically interact with fans. No handshakes, "high fives", fist pumps, etc.
When working in an area that includes high touch points, ensure this area is regularly tended to with disinfectants. These locations include the following:
- Charging stations
- Concession stands/condiment areas
- Door Handles
- Guest Services desk
- Escalator Rails
- Elevator Buttons
The health and safety of our employees and fans is a priority for the New Orleans Pelicans and the Smoothie King Center. The below updates have been made to the concession areas in the Smoothie King Center:
- Every other Point-of-Sale device will be utilized to create social distancing for F&B queuing at open locations, and each device will cleaned frequently.
- Floor decals will be deployed assisting patrons with proper distancing, as well as additional signage surrounding the concession location.
- A customer facing barrier will be erected to minimized customer/patron interactions.
- Portable bars and food openings will be spaced out throughout the concourse areas and will have the same safety measures as the concession stands.
- Masks and gloves are required for all staff working concession stands and portable locations.
Retail locations will be available on all levels of the Smoothie King Center. Other health and safety updates have been made at each location:
- The number of fans who can enter the Team Store will be determined by governmental capacity guidelines.
- New store layouts will be implemented to create a socially distant environment in the Team Store.
- Every other register will be in use with individual shields, sanitizer, masks, and floor stickers for social distancing.
- There will be a cashless check out experience.
Social distancing will be enforced in high traffic areas, including:
- Restrooms Locations
- Concessions Stands and Portable Locations
- Club Lounges
- Elevator Transportation
- Escalator Transportation
- Guest Service Locations
- Merchandise Location
Limited club lounges will be open this upcoming season, but with new social distancing regulations. Please follow all signs and arena staff guidelines when visiting these spaces:
- Premium Club areas that serve as a gathering area for premium guests will be activated in conjunction with health, social distancing, and capacity guidelines.
- Guests will still be required to wear a face covering while in these spaces.
- Existing lounge furniture, tables, and chairs will be removed from these spaces.
- Restrooms will be updated and monitored with best practice cleaning and social distancing guidelines.
- Awareness and directional signage will be placed strategically at each respective.
Touch free hand sanitizer locations will be placed throughout the arena near concession locations, entrances to restrooms, walkways into seating sections, restrooms and guest services locations.
Smoke Free Facility
Designated smoking gates located exterior of the plaza level will be eliminated for the 2020-2021 New Orleans Pelicans season in order to reduce unnecessary gathering.
Ochsner Vaccination Events
Ochsner will be hosting vaccination events at upcoming Pelicans games, starting with the San Antonio game on Saturday 4/24. Vaccinations will be available to ticketholders on a walk-up basis on the 100-level concourse outside of Section 122/123. Vaccinations will be available starting one hour prior to tip-off through the end of the 3rd quarter. Ochsner will provide interested ticketholders with their first dose of the Pfizer vaccine and will also schedule their appointment for their second dose, which would take place at a local Ochsner facility.