Five things to know about the Pelicans on Sept. 27 (9/27/13)
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Sept. 27
1) Although the New Orleans Pelicans and the majority of the NBA’s 30 teams will hold Media Day on Monday, six teams get a head start today, marking the beginning of the 2013-14 season. Fans looking for their basketball fix can tune in to NBA TV from 3-4 p.m. (Central) today for coverage of Media Day in the early-starting cities, including Houston, Indiana and Oklahoma City. NBA TV will also air a special two-hour Media Day show on Monday from noon to 2 p.m. Central.
2) We’ll have extensive coverage of the first-ever Pelicans Media Day on Monday, including feature articles, press conferences, photo galleries and more.
3) The Pelicans will only have four days of practices before catching a flight to Houston next Friday, Oct. 4. New Orleans and Houston will tip off preseason action on Oct. 5 at 7 p.m. NBA TV has yet to release its preseason broadcast schedule, but it’s possible that one or more of the Pelicans’ eight exhibition games will be televised by the network.
4) Tune in to the Black & Blue Report at noon today as the 30-minute show continues ramping up its coverage of the start of the 2013-14 Pelicans season. TV play-by-play announcer Joel Meyers will be one of the guests, discussing some of the team’s key storylines this season.
5) Pelicans rookie center Jeff Withey is one of many players who have benefited from several weeks of voluntary workouts inside New Orleans’ brand-new practice facility.