Five things to know about the Pelicans on Dec. 10 (12/10/13)
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Dec. 10
1) New Orleans will be without reserve Tyreke Evans for a period of one to two weeks, a timeframe that covers the team’s next three to seven games.
2) A common theme at Monday’s practice? Other players have to step up to compensate for the short-term losses of Evans and Anthony Davis. Watch post-practice video of Monty Williams and several Pelicans players.
3) At 9-10, the Pelicans enter Tuesday evening in 12th place in the Western Conference, dropping a spot last night due to Memphis’ victory over Orlando. Despite being in 12th, New Orleans is still just 1.5 games out of eighth and tied in the loss column with No. 8 Golden State (12-10).
4) In the entire NBA, the only team that has played fewer games than New Orleans’ 19 is Chicago (8-10). The Pelicans are in the midst of a rare four-day break from games, but the schedule gets busy again soon, with six games in the next 11 days.
5) Next on the docket are the Detroit Pistons, who will be playing the second game of a back-to-back when they visit the Pelicans at 7 p.m. Wednesday. The Pistons host the Minnesota Timberwolves tonight in Michigan before heading south. Tickets for Pistons-Pelicans are available.